Local(ish) teams in the FA Cup...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Local(ish) teams in the FA Cup...

Post by BartonRaz »

Don't know if anyone is interested, or indeed if anyone else went to a game today. ;)

Daventry are through (i think) to the 3rd Qual Round. They were 2-0 up against Leamington with little time remaining.

Corby have a replay on Wednesday night at Steel Park after drawing 1-1 away at Histon.

I went to watch Arlesey beat Hampton & Richmond 6-2! H&R were pathetic but took a reasonable away support with them. Saw some lovely goals and it was absolutely roasting.

Long Buckby were playing today but I don't know the score yet.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Local(ish) teams in the FA Cup...

Post by Formic »

BartonRaz wrote: Long Buckby were playing today but I don't know the score yet.
They won 2-0 at Bridgnorth - and will be one of the few Step 5 teams in the next round.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Wasn't the FA Cup, but I went along to Irchester today for their game against Desborough. Irchester had played 7 lost 7 before today, conceding 32 goals in the process :shock: , but ran out rather fortunate 2-0 winners. They had 3 ex-Diamonds youth teamers in their starting lineup; Danny Wallis in goal, Joe Hopewell at left back and Jake Gillingwater in central midfield. Gilly was the best player on the pitch and scored a cracker from 25 yards to seal the victory late on. The standard of football on show was dire though!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I went to watch Bedford Town vs St. Neots.

St. Neots edged it in the first and went 1-0 up thanks to Steffan Moore.. second half was a different story St. Neots gave the ball away countless times, and Bedford ended up winning 3-1.

Bedford looked a very physical side... and there supporters were really giving some stick to Steffan Moore... for his reported £1,000 a month? wages.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

went to see Posh vs Donny hoping to see Tommo and Sharp, Tommo was injured! so didn't play and Sharp didn't look that interested.
Donny hadn't won away since March, were under the cosh for the first half then won 2-1 with a stunning first goal.
Rubbish support from Peterborough fans got on their teams backs all second half.
It did make me realise how much i miss saturday football and can't wait for next season.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:I went to watch Bedford Town vs St. Neots.

St. Neots edged it in the first and went 1-0 up thanks to Steffan Moore.. second half was a different story St. Neots gave the ball away countless times, and Bedford ended up winning 3-1.

Bedford looked a very physical side... and there supporters were really giving some stick to Steffan Moore... for his reported £1,000 a month? wages.

I was there too, it was actually a really good game considering the level that they are playing at. Stefans goal was quality, Bedfords were down to teamwork.

As an aside I was wondering where ex R&DFC supporters were watching their football on Saturdays.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

We could try and keep this thread running, maybe some small match reports / reports on ground and food etc. Seems like we're all going to different places each week.

I'm going to try and take in some other localish games throughout the season. Think i'll do Barton Rovers next and hope to do Banbury and Woodford.

BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Formic wrote:
BartonRaz wrote: Long Buckby were playing today but I don't know the score yet.
They won 2-0 at Bridgnorth - and will be one of the few Step 5 teams in the next round.
Hartley Wintney are in the hat and I think they are Step 6 . :shock: . They're in the Combined Counties Division One which I asssume (if it works on the same principle as the UCL) is the same as UCL Div One.

I see Stamford are through too. Not particularly local to me but not a million miles away from those in the North of the county.

Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Yes, subject to replays they could be the lowest placed team along with Hebburn Town and Barrow Town.

On the subject of step 5, both Long Buckby (p8 w8) and Kings Lynn (P7 w6) from the UCL Premier are through to the next round, with Peterborough Northern Star taking over at the top of the league as a result. The UCL Premier looks like being as competitive this year as it was last season, but perhaps with three teams in the mix.
Last edited by Formic on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Formic wrote:Yes, subject to replays they could be the lowest placed team along with Hebburn Town.

On the subject of step 5, both Long Buckby (p8 w8) and Kings Lynn (P7 w6) from the UCL Premier are through to the next round, with Peterborough Northern Star taking over at the top of the league as a result. The UCL Premier looks like being as competitive this year as it was last season, but perhaps with three teams in the mix.
I thought (and hoped) Kings Lynn would get out that league so we didn't have to meet them. I've always been of the opinion that the UCL is much of a muchness but perhaps it won't be as easy next season as i'd hoped. ;)