Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: Former Players

Post by StaceyH »

Part of the investigation into Sneds’ betting activity included a review of match footage by an independent company looking for any potential match-fixing activity in matches where he had played and placed a bet on the outcome. He was found to be completely innocent of any such activity.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Curly
Been Liked: 9 times

Post by Curly »

Pigman wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:15 pm
Ricky330 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:40 pm Dean Snedker banned for 4 years. 2 years suspended .
Great goalkeeper - flawed character obviously! 8 offences while with us betting on games he was involved in! Be interesting to know which games and how the result was affected, as a goalkeeper you are ideally placed to influence the result. IF betting for us to lose then 2 years ban is light and he’s got away with it! Hope to never see him at the ground again! Got no time for cheats!

IMG_1710.jpeg
Dean is a great keeper and a top lad as well. He obviously has a bit of a gambling problem and whilst I won't condone what has occurred the bans given to both Sneds and Hicks compared to Toney are a disgrace in my opinion. Both men obviously have serious gambling issues and should be helped with them rather than be thrown to the dogs, the F.A. offer no help to these players and I genuinely believe the worst thing for the individuals is banning them. Now if they've been found to be guilty of influencing results then fair enough ban them but both Dean and Nathan were found innocent of that and as such should get help not reprimanded
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Ricky330 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:40 pm Dean Snedker banned for 4 years. 2 years suspended .
There's a discussion about the relative length of various bans in the Athletic, with reference to Dean Snedker towards the end, with acceptance there's no evidence he influenced the outcome of those games he bet on.

https://theathletic.com/4994509/2023/10 ... ifference/