Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Re: Former Players

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Trek wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:49 pm
Ricky330 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:44 am Deacon signs for Tamworth. There's a surprise.
Where do Tamworth train nowadays? Probably now within 10 miles radius of Northampton otherwise it’s a fair way for all these Northants/Bucks players to travel on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Trust that these players and coaching staff have the nous to factor this in the wedge that they’re getting. 🤔
Would imagine they've got some sort of seven seater available so they can all travel up together! :biggrin:
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

Sure Peaks said in an interview, they train in Northampton.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

I wonder what Andy Peaks would think if he read this thread? He'd probably be shaking his head at the continuing lack of respect been shown towards his tenure and achievements. He got us to where we are in SLPC and when he left to go to Tamworth, we were 9 points clear and heading to the play-offs. I know a lot of people I speak to agree with me and believe that we would have been in the play-offs if Peaksy had stayed and that was without Alex Collard!

People talk about 'professionalism' as though Peaksy wasn't professional and I think that shows a total lack of disrespect to a man who gave 8 years to this club. Peaksy was and still is very professional. You have to be 'professional' to do what he did at Tamworth last season. They went unbeaten after he joined them and Peaksy did what was asked of him - he saved them from relegation. By the way Tamworth train in Tamworth.

Some players like Sam Brown have previously questioned the clubs lack of ambition and, therefore, you cant blame Peaksy for having ambition to better himself. Equally, you cant blame him for trying to secure the services of former players who would prefer to play for him and not R&D.

More players will leave/have left so we just have to hope that Burge can put together a squad that can challenge next season.

BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Mikey Emery to Carlton Town.

James Broadbent to AFC Uckfield Town.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

The pressman wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:15 pm I wonder what Andy Peaks would think if he read this thread? He'd probably be shaking his head at the continuing lack of respect been shown towards his tenure and achievements. He got us to where we are in SLPC and when he left to go to Tamworth, we were 9 points clear and heading to the play-offs. I know a lot of people I speak to agree with me and believe that we would have been in the play-offs if Peaksy had stayed and that was without Alex Collard!

People talk about 'professionalism' as though Peaksy wasn't professional and I think that shows a total lack of disrespect to a man who gave 8 years to this club. Peaksy was and still is very professional. You have to be 'professional' to do what he did at Tamworth last season. They went unbeaten after he joined them and Peaksy did what was asked of him - he saved them from relegation. By the way Tamworth train in Tamworth.

Some players like Sam Brown have previously questioned the clubs lack of ambition and, therefore, you cant blame Peaksy for having ambition to better himself. Equally, you cant blame him for trying to secure the services of former players who would prefer to play for him and not R&D.

More players will leave/have left so we just have to hope that Burge can put together a squad that can challenge next season.

The only disagreement I have with this is that Andy Peaks was around since day one as a men's team so more than 8 years and was responsible for bringing in the cast majority of the original squad.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

The pressman wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:15 pm I wonder what Andy Peaks would think if he read this thread? He'd probably be shaking his head at the continuing lack of respect been shown towards his tenure and achievements. He got us to where we are in SLPC and when he left to go to Tamworth, we were 9 points clear and heading to the play-offs. I know a lot of people I speak to agree with me and believe that we would have been in the play-offs if Peaksy had stayed and that was without Alex Collard!

I don't think that highlighting Burgess has an outlook and an ethos more aligned to professional clubs is a slight on Andy Peaks. If you've listened to the podcast with Burge, it's clear that the analysis of games is completely different to what we have been used to, and the scouting and recruitment process looks like it will be driven by profile of players and players who fit into a system. That is 100% different to how things have been done in the past where players were signed from a very limited network of contacts.
The proof is in the pudding of course, and it will have to materialise in the way if results, but I'm definitely excited about what a complete refresh of the squad looks like.

As for whether or not AP would have taken us to the playoffs or not, it's irrelevant, because he jumped ship. He did great for us if you look at it over the whole tenure he was here, but he left rather than finishing the job, so for me, any loyalty to the man should now be placed purely behind AB. I've seen a bit of negativity towards Burgess since he took charge, without him having had the chance yet to show what he can do.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

For me it was not so much the change of manager that lost us our play off spot but more likely losing Deacon. Just one more goal from him would have given us that point we needed in any of the games we drew or lost.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I don’t see it as lack of ambition from the club. The club has to live within its means, unfortunately we don’t have a rich owner like Tamworth, so can’t just go and splash out on players willy nilly, or offer silly wages.

I appreciate all that Peaks did for the club, I have so many fond memories over the years watching AFCR&D thanks to him. Only 16 days and we’ll see what surprises Burge has up his sleeve.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Lorrell Smith gone to Berkhamsted.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

BartonRaz wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:10 pm Lorrell Smith gone to Berkhamsted.
Not a surprise as I don’t think he featured for us at all last season?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73