Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: Former Players

Post by Adrian »

Ricky330 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:43 pm Sam Warburton signs for Bedford Town
Big Gary Setchell building quite the squad there for the season ahead, I don't think any particular club will run away with it this year and don't think there will be a 9 point gap between 3rd and 4th either.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Nic Evangelinos moved to Lancaster City, previously with Workington and Ramsbottom Utd where he scored 52 goals in 72 games !!!!
Adrian
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Brownie wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:08 am Nic Evangelinos moved to Lancaster City, previously with Workington and Ramsbottom Utd where he scored 52 goals in 72 games !!!!
Always hoped to see him back in a Diamonds shirt, sense of unfinished business.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Adrian wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:28 am
Brownie wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:08 am Nic Evangelinos moved to Lancaster City, previously with Workington and Ramsbottom Utd where he scored 52 goals in 72 games !!!!
Always hoped to see him back in a Diamonds shirt, sense of unfinished business.
Was recommended to the club by Andy Burgess I believe. But I think the reason he left was because he moved up north
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

AJ has gone to Tamworth,,,just waiting on sneders now 😒
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
rdusher
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

discodunk wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:14 pm AJ has gone to Tamworth,,,just waiting on sneders now 😒
My money would be on Ravi to follow
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

Don’t really like posting and would rather just read this forum. But it’s all becoming a bit funny now isn’t it. I can’t believe AJ is on a contract at Tamworth, along with many of the signings for other teams that have been announced.

And so If they’re not worried of players being robbed before 1st July, can’t we do the same. We are 8 days away from the first friendly, 2 trainings sessions in, and us fans know nothing about who we are seeing put on the shirt at Kempston.

I am fully ready to be proven wrong but if we are looking to sell STs and pre-season home tickets (especially with the buy all 4 get the 4th free offer) then surely fans need something to get interested about to make them buy.

Last seasons performances won’t do it as all the players bar FBT and Snedker who really stood out have left. I could go on but I don’t want to make my first post any longer. The club needs to figure what we are doing because silence isn’t the answer.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 301 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

GreekDiamond wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:18 pm Don’t really like posting and would rather just read this forum. But it’s all becoming a bit funny now isn’t it. I can’t believe AJ is on a contract at Tamworth, along with many of the signings for other teams that have been announced.

And so If they’re not worried of players being robbed before 1st July, can’t we do the same. We are 8 days away from the first friendly, 2 trainings sessions in, and us fans know nothing about who we are seeing put on the shirt at Kempston.

I am fully ready to be proven wrong but if we are looking to sell STs and pre-season home tickets (especially with the buy all 4 get the 4th free offer) then surely fans need something to get interested about to make them buy.

Last seasons performances won’t do it as all the players bar FBT and Snedker who really stood out have left. I could go on but I don’t want to make my first post any longer. The club needs to figure what we are doing because silence isn’t the answer.
100% agree. Club is ridiculously quiet. Not doing anything to keep fans interested so don't be surprised if pre season tickets sales are not going aswell as you thought they would. We are always traditionally quiet between season end /start but this year has been something else!!!!
discodunk

Post by discodunk »

Ricky330 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:37 pm
GreekDiamond wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:18 pm Don’t really like posting and would rather just read this forum. But it’s all becoming a bit funny now isn’t it. I can’t believe AJ is on a contract at Tamworth, along with many of the signings for other teams that have been announced.

100% agree. Club is ridiculously quiet. Not doing anything to keep fans interested so don't be surprised if pre season tickets sales are not going aswell as you thought they would. We are always traditionally quiet between season end /start but this year has been something else!!!!
dont feel shy greekdiamond post whatever else youve got to say,,,,this is our only entertainment,,,,,as i said before DULL,DULL,DULL,,,and dont give me the crap about being patient,,,we dont know burge as a manager and what he is capable of ,,,but if he doesnt get it right from the off,,,WORRY,,,i will certainly be glad to be proven wrong :good:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
Dbsl

Post by Dbsl »

I think the subtlety here is those teams announcing signings are putting the player on contract. Once on contract they have got their man. I can't remember seeing many announcements of no contract signings from teams in our league. To risky.