Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Former Players

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

discodunk wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:14 pm AJ has gone to Tamworth,,,just waiting on sneders now 😒
Once again shows the lack of contacts Andy Peaks has. Tamworth may as well change their name to Tamworth Diamonds!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

To be honest I’m fed up with the constant negativity from some on here.

We can only really sign players on non contract terms, with possibly one or two on a full contract, which is why we haven’t been informed of any new players joining. Some can’t seem to understand that we’re not being bankrolled by a wealthy owner, who can readily offer players a contract. Burge has said he has indentified players, and also had former players express that they want to rejoin us.

Only three more days and we’ll be notified of any new signings.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

I'd imagine we'll find out on Friday of a retained list and any new signings that have put pen to paper. Think we'll see quite a few trislists feature over ore season as well
SimonHillington9
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by SimonHillington9 »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:50 am To be honest I’m fed up with the constant negativity from some on here.

We can only really sign players on non contract terms, with possibly one or two on a full contract, which is why we haven’t been informed of any new players joining. Some can’t seem to understand that we’re not being bankrolled by a wealthy owner, who can readily offer players a contract. Burge has said he has indentified players, and also had former players express that they want to rejoin us.

Only three more days and we’ll be notified of any new signings.
Here comes the friends of the board telling us to shut up and be grateful, and silence any voices of concern. We also put time and money into this club. Have the clubs finances not improved at all over the last few years? Are all but 3/4 of the clubs in the league owned by sugardaddys? Half of our current contracted players have left, the other half still could leave and we’re one of a minority of teams in the league yet to sign anyone, let alone renew a contract. Not building on any of the momentum from last season, fill the squad with youth players, admit defeat, repeat. I hope the flaming tech vests can do a job up top for us.
If you want the rainbow, youve got to put up with the rain
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 84 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Surely nobody really thinks that Burgess doesn’t have his players all sorted and in place. Yes of course you can get the odd player moving after saying they will stay but I’m sure all is in place. I don’t think we will turn up on the first game and have no team.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Well what a load of droppings, for a start we are in the Majority of our league who have not announced any signing as far as i can tell, Tamworth with loads of money and a manager who knows our budget inside out and knew just how much to offer to our players which he knew we could not counter.
the other major recruiters have been the new boys to our league, also with dosh to splurge.

As far as finances you may have heard of Inflation and things are costing more for our club however our fans decided to keep gate prices the same as last year so our budget has just dipped and god knows hope electricity prices don't go up much more or kickoffs will have to be at around 1 pm in winter hoping for a wintry sunny day as clubs wont be able to turn on the floodlights.

This club has to watch the budget which is shrinking day by day as costs beyond their control go up and revenue know doubt will drop
as fans wallets will be stretched just paying to live unless they are councilors of course.

Sorry went off grid, this thread should be about former players
Last edited by Biggles on Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

fentiger79 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:18 pm Surely nobody really thinks that Burgess doesn’t have his players all sorted and in place. Yes of course you can get the odd player moving after saying they will stay but I’m sure all is in place. I don’t think we will turn up on the first game and have no team.
We’ll going off this then why are we so hesitant to announce players joining and waiting until 1st July…
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

GreekDiamond wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:26 pm
fentiger79 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:18 pm Surely nobody really thinks that Burgess doesn’t have his players all sorted and in place. Yes of course you can get the odd player moving after saying they will stay but I’m sure all is in place. I don’t think we will turn up on the first game and have no team.
We’ll going off this then why are we so hesitant to announce players joining and waiting until 1st July…
How many times does this have to said. No players can be formally registered with the league before July 1st. So no point in announcing them. If clubs sign players on contract that is up to them if wish to announce it. But non contract players can change their mind any time before that and they can and do so frequently. That has happened for and against us in the past. I suspect that we have at least three new signings to announce on Friday, but guess they will not be names familiar to us. Next summer we should ban this conversation as it is pointless.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

I'm surprised people are even bothered that we haven't really made any moves yet, If I was a Welshman I would say... to be quite honest after so much football followed by about 5 England matches straight after I am glad to be having a little rest from worrying about football and just enjoying the weather over yer. :blush:

Yes every year we hear the 'can't register players until July' but then people see all these other clubs in and around our level announcing signings, I don't know why they choose to do it because there is always a few clubs who end up with egg on their face,

I personally think if you are announcing signings before they are actually done - you are either naive or are doing it because you feel you need to keep your fans interested.

At this level money talks, loyalty basically means nothing because clubs are just as quick to boot a player out so clubs can't be surprised when a player leaves for an extra bottle of Pimm's a week.

If a club has money like Peterborough Sports do and a club in the same league or lower announce that they've signed a player on June 17th with an accompanying comment from the manager saying how they've watched him x times and he's a fab addition - Peterborough will know they can actually pinch him so it would show savvy-ness for someone else can do the scouting work just for you to bob in and pinch him.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Lets try this again

Contracts - players sign a contract with the club for a set period being paid a set wage, you can announce these as signings as players have put pen to paper as they have committed themselves in writing to the team.

Non Contract - League forms are signed 1st July for players who agree to play for you but can leave any time and the club can offload anytime, other teams after the 1st July have to put in 7 days notice to talk to said player about moving to them.

No team has announced non contract players, the only players being banded about are those on Contracts.

Does that help people understand why we have not announced anything as we have a limited budget and cannot just go out there and compete
with the teams with better budgets we cannot compete with the likes of Tamworth we have to wait and see how players perform in matches and the Manager may then offer a contract so that we don't loose a good player.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32