Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Former Players

Post by GreekDiamond »

I’m sorry what??
No point in announcing?? So no point in building interest in pre season and beyond, no point in carrying on momentum from last year, no point in trying to persuade people to buy season tickets and attract new fans?

Because that’s what announcing players can do at this time, especially after weeks only hearing for about our best players leaving (dolman, collard) our best striker in years (deacon) following them and even a LB (Warburton) who we gave a contract to, which still confuses me, deciding to jump ship after our highest ever finish.

Have lots of teams announced players on contract? Yes. Is it likely we can’t do the same? Yes. But surely we can do 1/2 after giving out 4!! last season, the only one making sense being Snedker. Have we offered an extension? That would rest a lot of concern for fans who keep being told to not talk bad about the club’s activity in players. But we’ve heard nothing.

Now for players not on a contract, sussex and Biggles I suggest you voice your doubts to the following clubs as you must let them know their players could leave:

Coalville - Announced last week they have retained 13! players from last season and have announced two new ones… do you want to tell me all of them are contracted? Hmmmm I think not.

Bedford Town - on the 18th announced their 3rd player separate from contracted players who has and I quote ‘agreed to stay on and register for the new campaign’

Stourbridge - on the 11th announced a player had been retained. No word of being on a contract.

Hitchin - three days ago announced a player had agreed to re-sign, not on a contract, for the new season.

Now there are more but you get the jist of how misinformed you both are.

Lastly sussex just want to touch on your comment about ‘I expect at least 3 new signings on Friday, names not being known to us’ I think I can speak for a few on here, that actually we’re fed up of your constant subtle leaks of news that miraculously turns out to be true. I don’t know who your source is but I’m sure the club doesn’t appreciate it
Last edited by GreekDiamond on Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreekDiamond

Post by GreekDiamond »

Biggles wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:37 pm PNo team has announced non contract players, the only players being banded about are those on Contracts.
Wrong. Please see my recent post.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

GreekDiamond wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:47 pm
Biggles wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:37 pm PNo team has announced non contract players, the only players being banded about are those on Contracts.
Wrong. Please see my recent post.
I have and its down to Bedford and egg on face if that so called player ups and leaves , maybe the manager trusts that guy but that is just one player what about the other 14 or so non contracts he has on there books,

Coalville a team at the top going for gold again, would you leave them pretty sure they are confident they will stay

Stourbridge - he could be on a contract with options so they have just retained him

Hitchin - again a player that may be loyal to the manager and can be trusted to keep his word
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

anyway this thread has been ruined , i suggest all our off thread are taken off and if possible moved to a thread of its own so we can continue to bicker elsewhere
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

GreekDiamond wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:44 pm
Lastly sussex just want to touch on your comment about ‘I expect at least 3 new signings on Friday, names not being known to us’ I think I can speak for a few on here, that actually we’re fed up of your constant subtle leaks of news that miraculously turns out to be true. I don’t know who your source is but I’m sure the club doesn’t appreciate it

*drops mic*

Well said
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Cotty »

Before the Womens' Euros start next week, England's captain Leah Williamson was a member of the R & D Centre Of Excellence a few years ago - although she was only 9 at the time!
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Jordan McLeod joins corby
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:11 am Jordan Macleod back to Peterborough Sports
Now back at Corby, we should have had him in for a trial, he's one of those players who can come off the bench for the last 30-35 minutes and make something happen.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Adrian wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:10 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:11 am Jordan Macleod back to Peterborough Sports
Now back at Corby, we should have had him in for a trial, he's one of those players who can come off the bench for the last 30-35 minutes and make something happen.
See Slinn has joined him there.
GreekDiamond

Post by GreekDiamond »

No big loss there