Let the good times roll!!!!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Let the good times roll!!!!

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I remember many years ago, may have been in our Beazer Midland Premier days. Was during the days when we used to swap ends at half time.
Anyway, I remember the opposition (forget who they were) having a shot at goal, and missed, but one of their fans, a woman, must have thought they had scored, and started jumping up and down screaming celebrating what she thought was a goal, when it was not!! What followed was our fans mocking her, and shouting various things at her!! :lol:

Another I remember, when I was sitting in the Airwair Stand, one of our fans a couple of rows in front of me, was shaking his head at an opposition fan.
At some point the other fan saw him, and attempted to confront him, falling over the netting numerous times, much to the amusement to the De Banke terrace!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

bozzer wrote:
Drunken Debanker wrote:
Really enjoyed Barrow 1-6 R&D it was another day like the gateshead game where it just all clicked we were fantastic it was such a mission to get there by train but was so worth it and even Neil Cousins scored!!! :shock: :D
that was such a good match, i dragged my family there on the way back from a holiday in the lakes and so glad i did, i knew we were going to have a special season from then.

i still struggle to beat the changes in feeling from Turley letting in that goal away at Rochdale to the winning goal and just going mental, some bloke behind me actually broke the seat as he was jumping up and down so much!

I broke my glasses and cut my shin that night..................It wasn't me that broke the seat though 8-)
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

I will never EVER forget the moment I realised Rob Geir's punt upfield have fell everso kindly into Super Billys path. When he raced through on goal, it seemed to last an eternity. Whether we like it or not Cobblers always seemed to manage to get one over on us, so that moment I will cherish forever.

Going to the Millenium stadium with my grandad and cousin was a very special moment aswel, and seeing my favourite ever diamond score THAT goal. WOW.

I loved the 3-1 win at home to Yeovil in the FA Cup aswel for some reason, we had a fairly poor team aswel, but the lads didnt half put in a performance that day.

Burton Albion away, Jacko scored and we stopped them from reaching the playoffs, great support great performance.

The best performance I've seen from a Diamonds team though since we got relegated back into the conference, was a 2-1 loss away at stevenage. Absolutely immense, they got a late penalty that Mark Arber despatched.

The Fans made that setanta sheild final what it was. Both sets of fans. Great night, never seen so many smiles after a defeat, it didnt feel like a defeat.

Sam Smiths winner against the poppies, and the celebrations in strikers after the game was so so special.

09/10 season is a season I'll never forget! The lads and management was superb. They were a joy to watch, and done us so proud. In fact that team, i'll go as far as saying is my favourite diamonds Xl, no huge budget but a proper team, who played for each other and their gaffer :) For me, this is the season I'll remember Diamonds for.

Even this season, playing against the likes of Darren Collins.. Boyhood hero. Brilliant.

And dya know what, theres gunna be plenty more to come!! :D
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:The best performance I've seen from a Diamonds team though since we got relegated back into the conference, was a 2-1 loss away at stevenage. Absolutely immense, they got a late penalty that Mark Arber despatched.
Wasn't their equalising goal in injury time (near 90 mins too)? Having school mates who are Stevenage fans, my mood turned very quickly that day :|
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1
olio

Post by olio »

DiamondEejit wrote:
TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:The best performance I've seen from a Diamonds team though since we got relegated back into the conference, was a 2-1 loss away at stevenage. Absolutely immense, they got a late penalty that Mark Arber despatched.
Wasn't their equalising goal in injury time (near 90 mins too)? Having school mates who are Stevenage fans, my mood turned very quickly that day :|
I'm sure Ranks put us ahead in around the 85th minute, then they scored in the 90th and 93rd :(
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

We were fantastic that day (complete opposite to twelve months later), just couldn't finish them off. Phil Gulliver gave away a penalty in about the 94th minute for them to bag the winner.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

i took the old man to that game, we came away feeling really p1ssed off. tommo was awesome that day but like you say, we just couldn't finish them off. then we went and lost it. :roll:
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50