URGENT APPEAL FOR HELP !!!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

URGENT APPEAL FOR HELP !!!

Post by Pigman »

Hi everyone,

I've just had an urgent appeal for help from Mark Hedges who is organising the concreting work down at the Dog and Duck; this is the additional hard standing along the side of the pitch (a ground grading requirement) and the base for the new stand.

Mark has secured a digger and dumper truck to do this work this weekend, but we need a few bodies to help. Apologies for the very short notice, but we were unsure when we'd get this equipment - so its all hands to the pump time !!!!

The work starts this evening (Friday) from 5.30pm until late and will carry on over the weekend, Mark tells me they aim to start at 8am tomorrow morning (Saturday) and maybe Sunday depending upon how it progresses.

If you have any tools to bring along the following are needed : spades/shovels, hammers, saws, sledge/lump hammers - if you don't possess any yourself please beg and borrow some, we're in great need.

This is vital work, so, if you can spare some time and are fit and able enough to do this kind of work, please come down, your help will be gratefully received.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Pigman

Re: URGENT APPEAL FOR HELP !!!

Post by Pigman »

I should have added, I've popped home from work during my lunch break to post this, so won't be able to respond to any messages posted here, or on the members board this afternoon. Thank you
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Bump !
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

We really could do with some more help tomorrow - we'll be starting work about 8am, many hands make light work !!

There is still painting to do, so if you can't handle the heavy work, we'll find some lighter stuff for you to do !!

Thanks to Dunk, Mark, Jaimie and Andy for their hard work tonight - a few more people tomorrow would be very welcome.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

I'd love to be there but I'm off to see The Stone roses in Manchester
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

rudolph_hucker wrote:I'd love to be there but I'm off to see The Stone roses in Manchester
Waterfall will be immense.
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Will you be doing it tomorrow too? Only just seen this, I could get down and help out tomorrow?

Sam
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

I won't be down there tomorrow, having spent 4 hours down there last night and 12 hours today, I'm giving all day Sunday to my wife - I'm doing nothing AFC related, not even looking on here !!

If anyone does venture down there, the turnstiles require painting (doors and soffit - blue gloss) and the gates require blue glossing. The newly hung doors on the portacabin also need priming/undercoating - if it drys in time, a lick of blue gloss to weatherproof them would be good.

I know Darren and Chas will be down there at sometime tomorrow, unfortunately I don't know exactly what time.

The few people that did turn up last night and today deserve much credit, it was hard, heavy and dirty work which could have been so much easier had just a few more people come down, but we've dug out all of the grass along the length of the pitch, shuttered it up and hardcored it, and we've dug out the base for Dale's Bar, shuttered that up and hardcored it as well, as well as cementing in the pads for the cabin to stand on.

Dale's Bar is also coming on a treat and the little team working on that put in a shift as well.

My thanks to everyone who did turn up today, you put in one hell of a shift for the club and can be really proud of what you achieved today !!!

I'm now off to bed - I'm knackered !!
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

There are other jobs that require doing, but I'll post up a list here early next week when I've had chance to review where we are - for now, the jobs listed above are the priority ones.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

I understand from Darren that a few people have been down there today and some of the jobs listed above have been done, I've got to work late for the next 2 nights so don't know exactly when I'll get over to check up on what still needs doing.

Thanks to everyone who turned up today (whoever you are ;) ) we're getting there.

I think the plan is to do some of the ground work/footings for the new stand next Saturday so we may need people to help with that, I'll check about the availability of the equipment with Mark H and let you all know.