URGENT APPEAL FOR HELP !!!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Mat.H

Re: URGENT APPEAL FOR HELP !!!

Post by Mat.H »

The young lads that went said they painted the gates and turnstiles, they are willing to help again, I will let them know when from info posted on here.
Last edited by Mat.H on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

just a bit of an update :D
i went down this morning to give the 2 doors a coat of paint :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: i was beaten to it,i met darren(for the first time/nice bloke ;) ) with white undercoat on his hands giving them a coat of splosh ;) that was after i got past the young lads who were painting the gates(hands covered in blue paint :lol: :lol: ) :D sorry chaps i didnt get to speak to you and find out your names :oops: ,some chaps were painting the railings,didnt get to see who they were :oops: ,i have managed to sorce another lock for the portacabin door(coudnt fit because the paint was wet ;) ). i went round to dales bar,where caroline( i hope this is her name :oops: :oops: yes i am crap with remembering names)was working,where she asked me to put the security grills back on,another job ticked off ;) i was then introduced to mark who was busy with his router..............WHOOO HOOOO :D :D :D DALES BAR NOW HAS A CRACKING NEW BAR :D :D
TOP JOB MARK ;) ;) ;) i was hoping to see chas about drilling some holes for his inter(galactic)net wiring but our paths didnt cross ,thatll be a job for another day ;) .as i was leaving darren was putting a coat of paint around the top of the turnstyles...........ANOTHER CRACKING DAY,WELL DONE ONE AND ALL(sorry jim i didnt want to step on your toes(especially your little one ;) )but i thought id save you a little job of updating ;) ;).......................i think i may have over did it with the smillies :lol:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Smilie world record blown to pieces. :lol:

Well done to everyone.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Thanks again to Jordan, Ollie, and Matt for coming over at 8am to get started :-) Great job on the groundwork, painting and the Walkie Talkie testing. Hope you get the paint off ok ;-)

As well as all the other volunteers working various bits and pieces around the ground throughout the day.

We also started on taking the nets down behind the goal, and removed all the ties. Looks like we may go for cutting the posts, as they seemed pretty wedged in, but we may try some other approaches.

Dale's Bar is looking really good as well. Look out for updates on here for the next projects.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Thanks for the update Duncan and Darren - sounds like Sunday was a beehive of activity, well done everyone :D

I now start two days of 12 hour shifts at the day job, so won't be around to update up jobs that need doing, I'll try and get down to the ground on Wednesday if I can to see what is outstanding. If anyone sees any little jobs they think need doing - just go ahead and do them ;) Just let me know eh?

Thanks again to everyone for your support - as we said at the Members Forum, this is a great club, but its a community club and will only progress as far and as fast as that community is prepared to help and support it.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by oliv272 »

Dazzler wrote:Thanks again to Jordan, Ollie, and Matt for coming over at 8am to get started :-) Great job on the groundwork, painting and the Walkie Talkie testing. Hope you get the paint off ok ;-)

As well as all the other volunteers working various bits and pieces around the ground throughout the day.

We also started on taking the nets down behind the goal, and removed all the ties. Looks like we may go for cutting the posts, as they seemed pretty wedged in, but we may try some other approaches.

Dale's Bar is looking really good as well. Look out for updates on here for the next projects.
We had great fun :), still got a bit of blue on me here and there but all part of the fun. It was also really good to see all the work that has been done down there over the past weeks so well done to everyone who has been a part of this so far.
FuriousHoon / Ollie
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Other than barrier rubdown/painting (note: we're not painting the barriers on the dugout side just yet until concreting is done, but any rubbing down can be done on that side).

In the Cabin: The 2 new white cabin doors need the underneath and the inside painting white gloss, and possibly the outside may need another coat - I did undercoat, and a gloss topcoat yesterday, as was said to protect the doors from the rain.

There may be some help needed this evening for bringing the poles down - will try and confirm on that as soon as I am told if we are doing that, and if so what time.