RDFC goals that you will always remember

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
olio

RDFC goals that you will always remember

Post by olio »

Just seen 'Goals I will always remember' is trending on Twitter at the moment. And it got me thinking. What RDFC (or AFCRD) goals will you remember forever? And why? Was it for the reaction that it produced from the crowd? Was it for the build up or the quality of the finish? Or something else?

For me, apart from the obvious, it would be:

Craig Farrell's goal at AFC Wimbledon 09/10 (the day where we realised we could make the play offs against all the odds, plus it was the culmination of one of the best RDFC away performances I've ever seen. The silence as the ball trickled towards the goal, and the reaction/pandemonium in the away end as it rolled into the net. Plus the atmospehere afterwards... :D :D :D )

Mark Byrne's goal vs Oxford Play Off Semi Final First Leg 09/10 ( Not because I was at the game, but because my Dad was texting me updates. Was literally pacing the landing as we were 1-0 down, and then suddenly, a text from my Dad, saying 'YESSSSSS BYRNE!!!' Simple but beautiul :) :) )

Nabil Shariff's goal at Grimsby 10/11 (Only 21 away fans, then he scored slap bang in front of us. Remember sprinting down the stairs with about 5 or 6 others, going crazy)

Onandi Lowe's goal at Scunthorpe 01/02 (Scunthorpe being my home town club, and as we were 1 down, I knew I was going to get stick from my mates at school. Then Lowey smacks in a late equaliser. .. Cue mass celebrations in the away end, put us on the verge of the play offs and allowing me to walk into school on the Monday with my head held high :D :D )

There's many, many others that I will also remember for very different reasons, but just wanted to see what everyone else's opinion/goals was.
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
Basil

Re: RDFC goals that you will always remember

Post by Basil »

Paul Hall's play off final goal was amazing and of course Ranks' goal in the SS Final at Aldershot!!! Love that goal :D :D :D :D
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Duane Darby's penalty away to K*ttering. The eruption of the away end and the delight on Duane's face when he scored. Memorable night and a memorable season!
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Byrne vs Oxford. My happy place, that I can go to in my mind at any point, is being on the PDB, behind the goal, just in front of the top crush barrier and watching as he slams the ball high past the keeper. I can see it right now and the scenes afterwards were ****ing amazing! I tumbled down a few steps and hugged a couple of random people and it was just pandemonium. I had to take a couple of minutes afterwards to calm down because I was out of breath.

Smith vs K*ttering. Both times. First, when he equalised really late on. I'm still sure to this day that their goal was offside but meh, the scenes for that were pretty good. The second was also a great finish, which was on Youtube but now I can't find. Lovely dink past Harper, who was then photoshopped onto a toilet seat by someone on the forum. :lol:
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Too many to count, but obvious highlights are 'that goal' from Billy Sharp, and Ranks in the SS Final.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Duane's brace vs the scum is up there, Billy's vs Knobblers obviously, Tarkan's against Burnley where I think every outfield player was involved in the move was pretty special too - Paul's Play Off goal vs Cheltenham was terrific............. so many memories.

For me, Heggs' vs Leeds United tops the lot for goal celebrations. Away to a (then) Premiership team and we took the lead ...........fantastic !! That moment will live with me forever !! :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

agree about the other goals, but Heggs's goal wasn't that great, just a signal to go mad.

One of my best moments was Macca scoring against York City, one of the best headers ever..............Oh and jon Brady's against Chester 8-) 8-) 8-)
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Didn't say it was a great goal, it was crap http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xcL-TiZq-k (45 seconds in) but wow, did I ever go mental :lol:

Look at Tarkan's goal and tell me that wasn't quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PWVmAWHhgA

There are just too many fantastic goals to choose one !! I feel so lucky to have been able to witness so many of them first hand :D
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... mm-EQ&NR=1 looks better with each viewing...........happy days eh?
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

I'll stop now, but remember this one Bob???? :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRFesJsiPcQ