Chester... An Alternative Thought

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Chester... An Alternative Thought

Post by sussexdiamond »

Expel Chester and award a 1-0 win to all the remaining teams yet to play them.

This is just as fair as expunging their record. Because if they were to continue they would firstly be facing 18 games in 8 weeks and their line up would be so weak that teams would be scoring for fun ala R & D v Weymouth.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: Chester... An Alternative Thought

Post by davealbon »

Not an option, I'm afraid. The Conference rule book states that any games involving a team who are later expelled from the league will be declared void (or words to that effect).

Unfortunately, there is no fair way of dealing with the situation. Even if the club survives until the end of the season, like you say, they will be so weak that we will almost certainly see weekly repeats of our scoreline against Weymouth. Which you could argue is unfair to the teams who have played against them already, especially those who dropped points.

I just hope that the knock on effects of their plight don't play a significant role in the promotion/play off race at the end of the season, or the relegation fight come to think of it (not that I'm concerned about what goes on down that end of the table ;) ).
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Re: Chester... An Alternative Thought

Post by sussexdiamond »

Thanks for clarification of rule.

I see Chester are now claiming a Danish consortium will be buying out the Vaughans by 6th March.
I think this is just another pathetic cynical ploy to defer a decision once more.

I think it is more likely that a Nigerian Bank has the funds on hold and are just waiting for someone to reply to their e mail with the Vaughans bank details.