[ Sat 20th Oct ] v Burton Park Wanderers KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: [ Sat 20th Oct ] v Burton Park Wanderers KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

Post by Olly »

BartonRaz wrote:
Whip wrote:I personally feel the atmosphere would be improved greatly if we were to shoot towards the PDB in the second half. I know it all depends on the coin toss, but it's always a better buzz in the second half when the games are tight like today's, and with the roof, would surely be a positive for the players!
Agreed totally. Should be warming up at the PDB end, and shooting towards it in the second half. Not sure if there is some thinking behind it but it seems strange, it's natural for a team to shoot towards their own supporters in the second half, is it not?
This has been something that has frustrated me the last few home games, in the first half of the cup games there was a decent atmosphere in the first half kicking towards the PDB but then in the second half as many people disperse themselves round the ground, leaving the PDB a bit empty, the atmosphere just disappears. IMO as well, it does make sense to be kicking towards the 'home' end, which in this case is the terrace in the second half as that's obviously the more important 45 minutes of any game usually and it would be better to have the atmosphere then.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

ron manager wrote:Right my second game and first at the D&d, this is my honest thoughts.

The game
Pretty poor, only the back four and the little guy in midfield look any good, the keeper looks awful, and i wouldn't let him anywhere near the pitch. Burton look solid, and their number 9 is what we was missing. I thought really Burton just edged it overall. The pitch is terrible and does look like its causing some problems to the team, as it looks like they like to pass but cannot on that surface

The pitch
Up to usual standards of it throughout history , rubbish, but i believe it is being worked on

Crowd
Good numbers poor support, was disappointed With no noise from the pdb

Ground
Not a patch on hayden road, but i can see that there is room for improvement with it

All a bit negative tbh, but early days, not sure i am too fussed about getting down the d& d but i will make most away games, has more romance too me.

The positive was the people, great bunch, do anything for each other and some obviously putting themselves majorly out to get the game on, and not even get to watch it, well done you, you should be proud of what you have achieved so far.
I didn't go, but I thought Hayden road was falling apart :?

The D&D is a nice little ground (apart from the pitch perhaps), we've clearly worked hard on it to get it up to scratch, the terrace is good, the bar and clubhouse are in good condition and in general its not too bad as a temporary home imo.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
kempstonblue

Post by kempstonblue »

Again second match of the season.
The D&D sufficient for UCL clubs (except those who get 250+ gates).
Can see why already some people wonder what the next move is, off pitch sense this is a club and support that could feel happy at Blue Square North (or is it South). But the environment of the ground is such I cannot see the D&D being a Conference North/South ground.
And where oh where was the singing? Second half at Blue Cross felt like the Old Club, on the road a pint and a sing song.
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

Olly in my opinion, i just like old crumbling grounds it has more "atmosphere", just need to steal their pitch.

Question is really should i come on tuesday? i see on twitter, the players are also saying it was bad day at the office

EDIT, yes i will go as it seems the players think they were bad aswell, but please get singing make some noise, i will join in :lol:
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

ron manager wrote:Olly in my opinion, i just like old crumbling grounds it has more "atmosphere", just need to steal their pitch.

Question is really should i come on tuesday? i see on twitter, the players are also saying it was bad day at the office

EDIT, yes i will go as it seems the players think they were bad aswell, but please get singing make some noise, i will join in :lol:
Absolutely come on Tuesday! A big game under the lights, we'll get the DeBanke loud I am sure!
Member Number: 21
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

We were shocking today, starms said we were poor, the players are saying they were poor.

If we play like we did today on Tuesday we will get heavily beaten.

However they can play much better and it's great that we have a match on Tuesday to put it right.

All teams will drop points Sileby and Oadby already have it will come down to who can drop the least
AFC R&D Member No. 67
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

ron manager wrote:Olly in my opinion, i just like old crumbling grounds it has more "atmosphere", just need to steal their pitch.

It's a shame that that had to be your first game at the D&D. On every other occasion i've been (including PSF's) it's been thoroughly entertaining and the atmosphere has been great. Like the players have said, I think today was a bad day at the office all round and i'm sure Tuesday will be different.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

It was just very 'meh'. I can't get to the game on Tuesday but I hope the performance is better, because if it isn't then we'll lose. We need to put in a proper first-half performance and make it easy for ourselves. We've not done that once this season.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Three Nips »

Whip wrote:I personally feel the atmosphere would be improved greatly if we were to shoot towards the PDB in the second half. I know it all depends on the coin toss, but it's always a better buzz in the second half when the games are tight like today's, and with the roof, would surely be a positive for the players!
This makes a lot of sense.

We were exceptionally poor today and the root of the problem is the lack of creativity in the midfield. In a strange way though, I think it may benefit the team as they have played poorly on a few occasions but got away with a result which seemed to mask the issues.

A great deal of improvement will be needed on Tuesday night if we are to get anything against a fellow unbeaten side. We couldn't have had an easier start to the season having avoided each of the top 7 sides in the league so the next few weeks will be crucial to see if we can be the real deal or are just 'The Great Pretender'.

On a bit of a side note, I noticed a large problem with the snack bar. The distinct lack of space outside and the limited ability for Haydn to supply the demand was hardly satisfactory from a customer's perspective and from being in the queue, I noticed a lot of people just walk away and give up. Personally, I couldn't care less but we know how fickle football fans can be. The fact that you had to wait half an hour and had no choice as to what you could have hardly enhances the matchday experience and as we are a 'Community Club', I'm not sure that we can afford to disappoint our patrons.

I just wondered whether something similar to Dale's Bar could be incorporated on the food front. To be honest, all you'd need to have is a barbecue with a gazebo to keep the rain off. In a perfect world, the food would cook quicker and alleviate some of the pressure from Haydn to satisfy all the fans. You can pick a decent quality gazebo up for £50 and a large barbecue for £100.

Just a thought.
Everywhere we go....
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

ron manager wrote:Right my second game and first at the D&d, this is my honest thoughts.

The game
Pretty poor, only the back four and the little guy in midfield look any good, the keeper looks awful, and i wouldn't let him anywhere near the pitch. Burton look solid, and their number 9 is what we was missing. I thought really Burton just edged it overall. The pitch is terrible and does look like its causing some problems to the team, as it looks like they like to pass but cannot on that surface

The pitch
Up to usual standards of it throughout history , rubbish, but i believe it is being worked on

Crowd
Good numbers poor support, was disappointed With no noise from the pdb

Ground
Not a patch on hayden road, but i can see that there is room for improvement with it

All a bit negative tbh, but early days, not sure i am too fussed about getting down the d& d but i will make most away games, has more romance too me.

The positive was the people, great bunch, do anything for each other and some obviously putting themselves majorly out to get the game on, and not even get to watch it, well done you, you should be proud of what you have achieved so far.
Take a few more games in Ron, then comment again. Quincy is decent keeper but too casual at times.BPW's number 9(Chapaman) is decent player for this level but i'm rightly informed this was Wanderers best performance by a country mile. The pitch may be poor, but its what we have to go with at the mo.
and as for poor support? poor judgement!