[ Sat 20th Oct ] v Burton Park Wanderers KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Sat 20th Oct ] v Burton Park Wanderers KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

For me, it was the weakest game of the season, but that should be taken in context that we are only a dozen or so games into the season, the first the players have played as a team.

The goalies were the difference today, swap them round and it's another 4-0.

Sean McBride really impressed again today.

BPW's number nine was a handful for 70 minutes and then on a life support for the last twenty.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

The pitch was the biggest issue today. But credit to BPW they addressed that, and they was on our first touch like a rocket. It really did remind me of the Northants combination today, there was little in terms of quality, yet if was still entertaining.

Once we knew how the game was panning out, we needed a plan b, but we never had one. we was nowhere near patient enough, for the last 25mins we rushed it.

People critisice Quincy, but he's made some cracking saves so far, and his kicking is very good on a bobbly pitch. Goalies will make a few mistakes, that's football.

One thing I'd like to know also is those who criticise the atmosphere or lack of, do you get involved? Start a few songs?

i just hope that starms and his team can come up with a solution to adapt our style to the pitch and against physical teams instead of just going 3-4-3 and rushing it, because now the weathers getting worse we're gunna face this most weeks! that said, their keeper was phenomenal!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Whip wrote:I personally feel the atmosphere would be improved greatly if we were to shoot towards the PDB in the second half. I know it all depends on the coin toss, but it's always a better buzz in the second half when the games are tight like today's, and with the roof, would surely be a positive for the players!

Spot on, we need to suck that ball into the net, and better to kick towards the PDB in the second half.
Also where have our singers gone?..............I know that we need to be mindful of the language, but we still need to get behind the lads. 8-) 8-)
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Duke of Wimbourne wrote:
Spot on, we need to suck that ball into the net, and better to kick towards the PDB in the second half.
Perhaps someone in authority needs to speak to Starms. ;)
itsonlyagame

Post by itsonlyagame »

Thought 1-1 was probably the fair result. Could of been a few up or a few down.

With 20 mins to go it was constant long ball over the top and Burton dealt with it.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I'm surprised to see so much criticism of Quincy given it looked like he'd have gone off after 10 minutes had there been a sub keeper on the bench. Jake Gillingwater was told he might need to go in goal before they decided Quincy could continue, but I thought it had an impact on him for the rest of the game.
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:For me, it was the weakest game of the season, but that should be taken in context that we are only a dozen or so games into the season, the first the players have played as a team.

The goalies were the difference today, swap them round and it's another 4-0.

Sean McBride really impressed again today.

BPW's number nine was a handful for 70 minutes and then on a life support for the last twenty.

At last a voice of reason 8-)

As for the comments regarding the ground by other posters, it would have been appreciated if more volunteers had come forward to give the rest of us a hand at the D&D to help get it up to scratch, we have done our best, but how the old saying goes, "It's difficult to polish a t**d" 8-)
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I really like the Dog & Duck personally, and the transformation there has been amazing.

As for Quincy, he's been first class all season, a lesser keeper last week and we could have shipped a few in the first half.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

That was so frustrating, without being disrespectful to them we dropped to their level, I have played Sunday football with most of that Burton side :?

We still lack something in centre midfield and we miss Alfe big time I'm afraid! :(
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Everyweeker »

Perhaps we miss Elliot Dent? Was very impressive when fit, and been out for a few weeks now. Gilsenan and Dent would work well for me, with McBride the oft-used third option.
Member Number: 21