[ Sat 20th Oct ] v Burton Park Wanderers KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: [ Sat 20th Oct ] v Burton Park Wanderers KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

Post by Trek »

Everyweeker wrote:Perhaps we miss Elliot Dent? Was very impressive when fit, and been out for a few weeks now.
Exactly what I was saying in the second half today.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Trek wrote:
Everyweeker wrote:Perhaps we miss Elliot Dent? Was very impressive when fit, and been out for a few weeks now.
Exactly what I was saying in the second half today.
Elliot Dent, the forgotten man! Our best player in pre-season IMO, still a while away from a return according to MS on the OWS.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 43 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Let's look on the bright side, almost the end of October and we are unbeaten in the League and still in two cups.

Today wasn't great but it wasn't a loss and it was Saturday football.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote:I really like the Dog & Duck personally, and the transformation there has been amazing.

As for Quincy, he's been first class all season, a lesser keeper last week and we could have shipped a few in the first half.
His handling is superb for this level and a decent shot stopper. It's fair enough to have some critisism, but its a new team still trying to gel together so the most important thing is to get behind and encourage the players!
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Just wanted to thank everyone for their patience yesterday whilst queueing for Burgers/Food.

We were a little short staffed yesterday and were not doing chips, and this led to a backlog in the Burger queue, as people ordered burgers when we'd normally have more of a mix of the two.

Haydn wanted me to pass on his apologies for the delays caused, as I know some people were upset they couldn't get their food quickly.

I can assure we are working to resolve this problem, and as Chas/Bob/Pigman have requested before, where possible we ideally need volunteers that are happy to help on a match day. If we get enough people ideally we'd have a rota, so where it may mean missing part of a game.

As Three Nips mentioned (partial quote - see earlier in thread for full quote)
Three Nips wrote: The fact that you had to wait half an hour and had no choice as to what you could have hardly enhances the matchday experience and as we are a 'Community Club', I'm not sure that we can afford to disappoint our patrons.
I agree (to an extent) but also as a Community Club we're all equal members of the club, so we ideally should all be trying to help out, perhaps occasionally sacrificing seeing part of the odd game even, for the overall benefit it gives in the community spirit?

I am realistic enough to know that for many of our fans it is all just about coming down, watching the matches, catching up with friends, maybe having a drink/food, and that's fine, we're all paying customers, but we do really need to get a few more people willing to do the occasional match day tasks as well where we can.

This is not like the old club where "someone" will take care of it...we have to take care of it ourselves. We all muck in together to further the club as much as we can.

I know fans have suggested additional outlets for food/drink, and we'd already planned, discussed and are working toward that, with aims to use the Old WTFC Club Shop as an additional area. However, this takes time to sort out, and volunteers to operate it. See any board member or ask in the Shop if you can help in any way, and they will direct you to a relevant contact. We do have some Volunteer Incentives as part of the volunteer scheme as well.

Thanks again for your support, and patience, whilst we continue to work on the facilities available to the fans.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:Let's look on the bright side, almost the end of October and we are unbeaten in the League and still in two cups.

Exactly, admittedly I wasn't there yesterday, but the negativity on here is a bit OTT imo, a far cry from what it was like this time 2 weeks ago. Surely our lads are allowed the odd poor game here and there, its still our first season and just look at the table, its been a fantastic start and its great that we've got at least a chance of promotion in our first season.

Personally I'm still grateful that I have a team to follow on a Saturday afternoon again :D
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Olly wrote:
SouthRushdenJFC wrote:Let's look on the bright side, almost the end of October and we are unbeaten in the League and still in two cups.

Exactly, admittedly I wasn't there yesterday, but the negativity on here is a bit OTT imo, a far cry from what it was like this time 2 weeks ago. Surely our lads are allowed the odd poor game here and there, its still our first season and just look at the table, its been a fantastic start and its great that we've got at least a chance of promotion in our first season.

Personally I'm still grateful that I have a team to follow on a Saturday afternoon again :D
I wouldnt say It is negativity as such, it just shows the standard we have come to expect. I expect to get plenty of stick from the Burton Lads this week after they held the mighty Rushden & Diamonds to a draw!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

If everyone thinks we are going to win every game then they are going to be disappointed I think, but as I said every team will drop points we have to learn to grind results out in matches like yesterday.
Burton had great spirit yesterday and fully deserved the draw. We created enough chances to win but failed to convert them.
If we learn from that then some good will come out of the game
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I see our crowd yesterday just beat the attendance at Steel Park for Corby's FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round tie against Hendon which was 692 and just shows how far we have come in a short space of time.
I wonder if we were in the FA Cup yesterday just how large our crowd would be? ;)
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

bozzer wrote:If everyone thinks we are going to win every game then they are going to be disappointed I think, but as I said every team will drop points we have to learn to grind results out in matches like yesterday.
Burton had great spirit yesterday and fully deserved the draw. We created enough chances to win but failed to convert them.
If we learn from that then some good will come out of the game
Agreed, we don't have a divine right to win every game. Obviously we're disappointed with the draw, but on another day, we would have won if it wasn't for their keeper, who was VERY good.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73