[ Sat 27th Oct ] v Eynesbury Rovers KO 3pm UCL1 AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: [ Sat 27th Oct ] v Eynesbury Rovers KO 3pm UCL1 AWAY

Post by Trek »

himynameisrob wrote:3rd place, 4 points behind with a game in hand.....I'll take that :-)
We've played the same number of games as Sileby and Oadby - 9. It's actually Eynesbury who now have a game in hand. They're now the dark horses, a very hardworking and committed outfit. Let's hope we can clip their wings when they visit the Dog n' Duck later in the month! ;)
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Just seen the highlights. Thought Starms got it spot on to be fair.

Saturday aside, I don't think our defending has been too bad though. I'd say at full strength it's the strongest aspect of our team. Merrill and Brown have probably been our two best players over the course of the season.

I see Chris Hope mentioned that people were saying our season was over if we lost at Eynesbury. Presumably this is in reference to what I said last week (unless i've missed something) which seemed to be misconstrued as me saying that our season would be over. What I actually said:
I think Eynesbury is a big game for us. Lose and the likelihood is we'll get cut adrift. Win and we're pulling away from the chasing pack
As it turned out Oadby suffered a suprising defeat and Sileby weren't involved in league action, so yeah, I got that wrong, but I didn't say our season would be over. ;)
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
himynameisrob

Post by himynameisrob »

Trek wrote:
himynameisrob wrote:3rd place, 4 points behind with a game in hand.....I'll take that :-)
We've played the same number of games as Sileby and Oadby - 9. It's actually Eynesbury who now have a game in hand. They're now the dark horses, a very hardworking and committed outfit. Let's hope we can clip their wings when they visit the Dog n' Duck later in the month! ;)

Am I missing something as the OWS says we have a game in hand over top spot
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

I agree completely with meman53 we just simply aren't good enough, opposition have got us sussed and we never have a plan b. we need to strengthen in midfield, big time. Our back 5 WILL be good enough for a top two finish.

I'd start Wiz upfront next week.

It annoys me people settling for anything other than promotion this season, if we don't go up we've failed.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

himynameisrob wrote:
Am I missing something as the OWS says we have a game in hand over top spot
That hadn't been updated when you wrote your post to include Saturday's results. Eynesbury's win takes them above us and they have a game in hand over Sileby, Oadby and us. This is the best place to see all the latest results on a Saturday evening plus an updated table. It is very quickly updated by the FA.

http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPubli ... ue=1625657
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

they have been updated now
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Drunken Debanker
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Drunken Debanker »

Any positivies atall from today?? Yeah its stopped raining!!! :lol:

Cracking interviews as always really honest, looking forward to the posibility of seeing a fresh face or 2 in the squad next week!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
We'll Drink Some Beer
And We'll Drink Some More
Cuz We Are The Rushden Boys On Tour.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:I agree completely with meman53 we just simply aren't good enough, opposition have got us sussed and we never have a plan b. we need to strengthen in midfield, big time. Our back 5 WILL be good enough for a top two finish.

I'd start Wiz upfront next week.

It annoys me people settling for anything other than promotion this season, if we don't go up we've failed.
Agree with this although im not sure about Wiz playing up top, i think he best position is playing just in behind the front 2 or out wide.

With a fully fit side i believe this would be our best line up:

Quincy or Foulger

Gllingwater Hope McDonald Brown

Merill Dent Wisniewski

Ellwood

Taylor Newman or Morgan

I appreciate it is a very attacking formation but at present apart from Wiz he don't have any natural wide players. Our problem positions are without doubt the keeper and centre midfield, I love Ben Morgan's work rate but i believe he is very effective coming on for the last 25 minutes. The jury is still out on Newman.
Last edited by Diamond_ Wolf on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

no joe merrill??!!!!
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

bozzer wrote:no joe merrill??!!!!

My thoughts exactly, would be my first name on the team sheet 8-)
Last edited by Bobos on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.