[ Sat 27th Oct ] v Eynesbury Rovers KO 3pm UCL1 AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Bobos

Re: [ Sat 27th Oct ] v Eynesbury Rovers KO 3pm UCL1 AWAY

Post by Bobos »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:
luckyfour wrote:Still here Steve, and I totally agree. I can't be bothered to argue the toss on here though with people whose opinions are so intransigent. Why anyone thinks that anything other than promotion is failure is beyond me. Look at the money, the players and the talent that we had at our disposal to try and win the conference. Look at any number of big spending teams (and bear in mind that we are not one of them) at any level and you will see that building a winning football team takes time. We are starting from scratch, nothing, zilch - you can't just expect to turn out a championship winning side and stroll undeafted to the title. I am surpised and saddened that anyone thinks that way. If anything is going to put me off it is going to be some of the stuff that people shout at matches and post on here - not the players or the performances on the pitch.

At what level does mid table mediocrity become acceptable ?

This season has got a long way to go yet and if people can't take a couple of setbacks without announcing apocalypse on here at the first opportunity then ....well, I'm just glad they're not the ones steering the ship.
If comments on here stop you attending games then quite frankly that is a sad state of affairs :|
Everyone is entitled to there opiniiion on here. The reason I believe that some people think we should be looking for promotion in the first season (this includes me to a certain extent) is because we know many players in the UCL on a personal level and it is somewhat strange seeing your mates playing for or against us. I've played in the same Sunday team as some of our side in the past and it is really weird seeing them play for us on a Saturday. :lol:

At the end of the day I know the people making comments about being disappointed if dont get promotion this season will be back home and away next season, week in week out regardless of what happens!!

Some great comments...............let's be honest, we are not going to abandon OUR club just because we lost a game..............are we?

Wopuld Arsenal fans refuse to attend games just because they lost a game to Chelsea?.................NO and we need to take stock and look at ourselves...............we are in the UCL, not Div one, get real people, we will be what we will be..............Yes I would love it if we piss this tinpot league (a few will get that), but if we strengthen and move forward as a club, then I will take that as a positive too. This season, there are no negatives, only positives 8-) 8-) 8-)
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

bozzer wrote:The good news is we play them gain in 4 weeks to put it right!!
Not any more ... http://www.afcdiamonds.com/further-fixture-changes
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

I'm sorry, but the publishing of the fixtures at the start of the season seems totally pointless.
I know it's a tinpot league, but you thought that they could at least sort fixtures out :roll: :roll: :roll:
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Duke of Wimbourne wrote:I'm sorry, but the publishing of the fixtures at the start of the season seems totally pointless.
I know it's a tinpot league, but you thought that they could at least sort fixtures out :roll: :roll: :roll:
Hopeless. Harrowby and Buckingham played back to back fixtures the other week. Fail to see why the fixtures secretary can't produce a complete fixture list at the start of the season and or see why this is a unique problem for the UCL. Perhaps one of our UCL 'experts' can explain what the problem is?
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Trek wrote:
Duke of Wimbourne wrote:I'm sorry, but the publishing of the fixtures at the start of the season seems totally pointless.
Hopeless. Harrowby and Buckingham played back to back fixtures the other week. Fail to see why the fixtures secretary can't produce a complete fixture list at the start of the season and or see why this is a unique problem for the UCL. Perhaps one of our UCL 'experts' can explain what the problem is?

I don't think computers have reached Wellingborough yet? :roll: :roll:
Noddy

Post by Noddy »

Trek wrote:Perhaps one of our UCL 'experts' can explain what the problem is?
I am not an expert but unfortunately, it is because of the priority of fixtures
FA Cup & FA Vase takes priority over everything
County Cup takes priority over League & League Cup
League Cup takes priority over League

These Cup games take up a lot space;
6 games to reach the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round
9 games to reach the FA Vase Final
6 games to reach the County Cup Final
6 games to reach the League Cup Final

So although they publish a fixture list leaving space for the first rounds of each competition, there is a possibility of changing up to 23 other games as the season progresses if a club is successful in these competitions. You can’t realistically leave weekends free in case a team does well or you’ll never complete the fixtures before May (even more so with a higher level of weather postponements during the winter). It basically means a constant amendment of games in order to stop some teams going without a game for two or three weekends on the trot because their opponents are in Cup competitions. It also leaves a greater leeway to move games later in the season if necessary. There are also two clubs in the League without floodlights, which means they cannot play midweek games at home. I would imagine the Fixture Secretary has a very difficult job trying to keep everyone happy.

While we are at Step 5 / 6, it is something that we will have to suffer, however inconvenient.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Trek wrote:
Eynesbury played N'ton Spencer in their first two league games of the season!