Remaining matches: AFCRD, Eynesbury, N'pton Sileby, Oadby

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Remaining matches: AFCRD, Eynesbury, N'pton Sileby, Oadb

Post by Trek »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Been informed that Rob Foster won't be playing for Spencer as he is running the London marathon on Sunday
Foster completed the event, 5 hours 6 mins. He must have crawled the distance. :D
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

Trek wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Been informed that Rob Foster won't be playing for Spencer as he is running the London marathon on Sunday
Foster completed the event, 5 hours 6 mins. He must have crawled the distance. :D
If you can do better the ballot for entries opens Monday 29th April, I have utmost respect for anybody that does the 26.2 miles.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I agree - having walked 46 miles (and planning to do so again at the end of May !) I know how much pain he'll be in right now - much respect to the guy and anyone who takes on the challenge !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
himynameisrob

Post by himynameisrob »

Is there any one here who want to get together and do it next year for charity, as I've been looking at it for a few years now?
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Mat.H wrote: If you can do better the ballot for entries opens Monday 29th April, I have utmost respect for anybody that does the 26.2 miles.
I have, three full marathons back in 1984, Wolverhampton, 6 weeks later ran London and Bolton all in just over 3 and half hours and I was a good deal older than Mr. Foster when I did it. ;)
Fair dues to Foster but quite honestly I was expecting him to run faster than 5 odd hours. He must be saving himself for Tuesday night. :D
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

As quoted before, The first team to drop points from the remaining matches, drops out of the promotion race because there are too few matches to catch up. Oadby, dropped points, they are now out of the promotion race. Eynesbury have the pressure, not to drop points against us.

Only One No.1 = DR
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

FOOTYMAN wrote:Eynesbury have the pressure, not to drop points against us.
So do we though, the losing team will almost certainly miss out on promotion. Yes we'd only be level on points if we lose, but Eynesbury should be fine to win their last 3 games with a much better GD, Harrowby away will be tricky for them and BPW are better now, but I highly doubt Eynesbury will drop points at either.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

A 52-year-old Huddersfield Town supporter has just completed running 40 marathons in 20 days from Land's End to John O'Groats. Anyone up for doing that? He has raised almost £20,000 for the Huddersfield Town Academy.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Oadby are in action tonight away at Harrowby.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

I can see Oadby struggling this week. For a start by the time Saturday comes around they will have played a lot of football in the past couple of weeks.

Then there is the psychological effect of hitting a poor run of form at such a crucial time.

Finally you have the work effect, two games, both with an hours travelling, at Burton kicking off at 6.30 may affect some players who's employers are not very sympathetic when it comes to time off for football.