Remaining matches: AFCRD, Eynesbury, N'pton Sileby, Oadby

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Re: Remaining matches: AFCRD, Eynesbury, N'pton Sileby, Oadb

Post by Olly »

Bob's Bitch wrote:
Pigman wrote:unless Sileby totally blow up
You make it sound like they're Hartlepool and 12 points ahead of us. They're level on points and they've got Potton and Spencer in the next two weeks. We've seen what these two teams can do in recent weeks and I think they'll draw one. They've also got Rushden and Higham away and they've been getting a few results recently, so I don't think that will just be a Wootton-like walkover.

They aren't Brazil '70, they're not very good. They need to draw once in six games, just once. If they get past their next two games then I'll concede but until then I'm still hopeful.
I fear we may need to them to drop more than just 2 points, we've got Potton and Spencer as well and considering both teams' results against other top 4 teams, we're by no means guaranteed to win both games, though if we do go to Spencer and win (something none of the the other top teams have managed) then we deserve a bit of luck to go up.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I'm confident that we can win all of our matches. The games against Sileby and Oadby will have given us the experience needed for the match against Eynesbury. As for the rest, Bourne, Whitworth and Raunds are all x-0 wins and since the turn of the year we've shown that we can get past those tough, average sides like Potton and Spencer, albeit sometimes nervously. 92 points, one thing's for sure, we won't have lost promotion anywhere, we'll have just been incredibly unlucky.

All we need is to get a couple of early goals on Saturday and just wear Bourne down. They might have drawn loads but they've hardly been draws against outstanding opposition; Wootton away quite recently, Rothwell twice, Potton, Bugbrooke, Whitworth, Thrapston and BPW! They've also lost at home to Whitworth and BPW so they're really no great shakes.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
AdamSRJFC

Post by AdamSRJFC »

There's no getting around it, we NEED to win all of our remaining matches, do that, and hopefully put a few goals past a few teams, and we've done all we can.

It's good we're playing Spencer last game of the season, as they've been on form recently, getting good draws against Sileby and Oadby, Oadby scored a last minute goal to draw 3-3, so it gives us the best chance.

I fully expect Oadby to win all their remaining matches, I think Eynesbury will lose to Oadby, and we'll beat them.

It'll come right down to the wire, but nobody can say we did badly. First season with a senior team, and we've done ridiculously well in a unusually competitive league.
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

We cannot take it for granted that we will win all our remaining games as seen by Sileby and Oadby dropping points the nerves and tension may mean dropped points along the way from all the top 4.

It will be tough on the 2 teams that lose out this year as the points tally all 4 teams will accrue this season would have secured promotion in any of the last 5 previous seasons or more.

Whoever loses out as long as they keep the players will be no doubt be firm favourites for next season, however don't know who is likely for promotion or which teams backer may delve into pockets for next season.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

Bob's Bitch wrote:I'm confident that we can win all of our matches. The games against Sileby and Oadby will have given us the experience needed for the match against Eynesbury. As for the rest, Bourne, Whitworth and Raunds are all x-0 wins and since the turn of the year we've shown that we can get past those tough, average sides like Potton and Spencer, albeit sometimes nervously. 92 points, one thing's for sure, we won't have lost promotion anywhere, we'll have just been incredibly unlucky.

All we need is to get a couple of early goals on Saturday and just wear Bourne down. They might have drawn loads but they've hardly been draws against outstanding opposition; Wootton away quite recently, Rothwell twice, Potton, Bugbrooke, Whitworth, Thrapston and BPW! They've also lost at home to Whitworth and BPW so they're really no great shakes.
And Eynesbury and Oadby though, albeit a few months ago, an early goal and yes we'll be fine, but if not it could be a bit of a struggle. Changed my mind on who I want to win tomorrow though after last night's result, if Oadby lose then it is well and truly in our hands to get promotion :D
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

I hoping the Oadby match doesn't get postponed as I really fancy Eynesbury to get the 3 points tomorrow
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Entertaining report from Oadby Town of last night's match with Spencer:-

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/oadbytown ... id=1683571
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Nice to see someone with a good sense of humour, good report
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

I have every confidence that we CAN win all of our games, and obviously I hope we will. I may be quickly proved wrong, but I think it helps us to play teams like eynesbury, Bourne and spencer, as I think we play better against stronger teams, as there is less time to relax. The ps sure is on all four of the top sides, and I think we've held up the best so far, as we've still not lost since oadby away.

A has been mentioned, we have done incredibly well thus far, and I am very proud of the boys. However the last few Ames go, i, and most of you lot, will keep turning up at the D&D next year, so lets just wait and see what happens!
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

With the top.4 teams battling for the 2 promotion places, it will be difficult for any team who drops points from now on, to make up the loss. Although we could be in a strong position if we beat Eynesbury, we cannot afford any slip-ups and neither can any of the other teams.
As I see it, the first team to drop points, is the first team to drop out of the race.

Only One No.1 = DR