[ Sat 13th Apr ] v Bourne Town, KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 13th Apr ] v Bourne Town, KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Next up at the Dog and Duck for the Men's side, Bourne Town, on Saturday 13th.
If you can make it, come and see the U18's on Monday night v Northampton Spencer.

Official Match Preview

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/afc-rushden- ... 13th-april
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: [ Sat 13th Apr ] v Bourne Town, KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

Post by Formic »

The preview is now online - sorry for the delay, but things were a bit hectic on the website front at the end of last week. It's odd to note that this would have been our last home game of the season had we not had those two recent postponements.

The game at Bourne was very similar to yesterday's game, ending in a nervy 2-1 after we had chances to wrap up the game.
FOOTYMAN
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

The weather is forecast warm and sunny. Bourne will be tough opponenets. The team needs to be focussed and work for each other. There seems to be some signs of a few getting unsettled with something. Let us get down to the Dog & Duck and make some noise for the boys.
Play together, win together.

COYD
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

FOOTYMAN wrote:There seems to be some signs of a few getting unsettled with something.
You are seeing something different to me. I'm seeing a squad being used sensibly. Players with knocks and illness not being overly risked. Like any players those not regularly in the starting line up are frustrated, but only because they want to play their part in the last few games of the season.

The atmosphere among the squad is very good.
FOOTYMAN

Post by FOOTYMAN »

I am just pointing out an observation. The Jake and Alfie affair. They don't seem to want to play for each other, Jake prefers to play alongside Ben, Alfie prefers to play alongside Dev, each seems to have a personal challenge to prove something, Alfie on the bench, King has played well and scored goals, then on the bench and doesn't even get a run out. You could see he wasn't happy. As I say, just observation, not criticism.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I personally would back the management to make the right calls and to manage the team as they see fit, they know what the target is.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

FOOTYMAN wrote:I am just pointing out an observation. The Jake and Alfie affair. They don't seem to want to play for each other, Jake prefers to play alongside Ben, Alfie prefers to play alongside Dev, each seems to have a personal challenge to prove something, Alfie on the bench, King has played well and scored goals, then on the bench and doesn't even get a run out. You could see he wasn't happy. As I say, just observation, not criticism.
I think at the beginning of the season it was all about alfie and dev was setting him up left, right and centre, then alfie got injured and jakes come in done really well and scored a lot of goals, for me Jake has to be one of the first names on the teamsheet as defenders really don't like playing against him, they are both goal scorers and they could make one hell of a partnership, I think their body language is disappointing especially when one of them shoots off target when they have better options, they need to understand doesn't matter who gets the goals as we are a team. As with king I think we learnt in the past we don't know the full story and I will always back starms
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

I dont want to be unfair to alfie but ever since he has came back from injury its like he's a different player, he just doesnt seem 100% sharp like he did, he would breeze past defenders before but unfortunately it aint quite happening now. Not knocking him because he's still got it... I think jake has done exceptional the last few weeks/months and i totally agree about that partnership, for me jake and alfie aint working and was glad to see at chenecks it was changed. Personally i prefer ben to dev, but thats my opinion.

Not so sure that i see anything wrong with the team. I dont see anything unsettled, yes their are a few grumbles when someone blasts over instead of squaring it for a goal scoring opportunity but i think thats more of a passion than unhappiness.

I have 100% faith in starms, think he is a real decent bloke, his attitude is spot on, as are his tactics. If anything is going to get promotion this season, its his decisions :D
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

corby diamond wrote:I dont want to be unfair to alfie but ever since he has came back from injury its like he's a different player, he just doesnt seem 100% sharp like he did, he would breeze past defenders before but unfortunately it aint quite happening now. Not knocking him because he's still got it... I think jake has done exceptional the last few weeks/months and i totally agree about that partnership, for me jake and alfie aint working and was glad to see at chenecks it was changed. Personally i prefer ben to dev, but thats my opinion.
Agree with all of that. For me Jake has to start every game because his work ethic and ability demand it.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
FOOTYMAN

Post by FOOTYMAN »

It will be interesting to see what team is selected. When we beat them at their place, we had a strong midfield, and again, we didn't put the game out of sight and they scored late on to cause a bit of a nervy last 5 or 6 minutes.