[ VOLUNTEER WORK THREAD ]

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

[ VOLUNTEER WORK THREAD ]

Post by sussexdiamond »

Do we need any volunteers for anything at the ground? I have been away for a couple of weeks so may have missed something.
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: VOLUNTEERS

Post by bozzer »

yes am sure the duke of wimborne will need some help!
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I was also wondering this. Put a call out when people are needed and I'll be happy to help whenever. :)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

I will keep everyone posted about jobs.

We do have some concreting to do at the far side of the pitch, but need some equipment first.
If anyone has a petrol strummer, they can strim the long grass, it's starting to get long now.

The D&D is open in the daytime 8-)
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

As per Bob, we're currently sorting out a few jobs to be done over the next few weeks.

STRIMMING/WEEDING
Ash kindly came down today and has done the strimming/weed treatment around the ground. Some areas we'd already been mowing/strimming to keep on top of that. We'll let the weed treatment take effect, then the Patio area will be ok to be weeded next week.

As per the other post you'll see we had the pitch cut today and some extra fertiliser put on, so that's ticking over. More work for the goal areas, but it's coming along.

GROUNDWORKS/CONCRETE

We're currently planning some groundwork/prep for the base for the new Turnstile area, and a few other areas around the ground that need concrete or repairing. We should finalise the planning for this tomorrow, and it's likely to be 2 Saturdays (or part of). We'll update here once we have firm plans. This will include some help to dig the base, in prep for concrete, and then probably the following weekend helping with the concreting. We'll let you know early in the week once we have plans as to what we need - but a few people will be the main thing. So try and keep Saturday free.

PAINTING

There will also be some painting around the ground to do. We're just checking we have the relevant paint/materials available, and we've finished strimming before we schedule that - but that should be able to be done during the daytime/evening for anyone that can make it down. Again we'll confirm once we have materials, and then we may just need bodies and some extra brushes.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

I'm in !! Got to work next Saturday morning but will come over next Saturday afternoon to do a few jobs - will bring my own paint brush ;)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I am looking forward to wielding my blue paintbrush again. If its static I paint it blue.
Bobos

Volunteers part deux

Post by Bobos »

We are going to be doing some work down at the D&D at the end of this week.
This will entail some digging out (don't worry we will have a digger) plus some shuttering work, ready for some concreting next week.

This isn't as hard a job as it may seem, but will need bodies to move some slabs etc.

We also need a bit of weeding doing at various parts of the perimeter path, to help prepare for concreting, so if you have a couple of spare hours on Friday or Saturday, we could really do with the help.

Darren and Mark will be down at the D&D during the day and will advise on certain jobs,
If you have some gardening tools that you may want to bring them with you.

Thanks in advance.

"Many hands make light work" 8-) 8-)
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: Volunteers part deux

Post by Pigman »

Sadly I'm at work all day Friday and Saturday morning but will get over as soon as I finish on sat !! Come on people it's good fun when you get into it :)

Want me to spread the word and email a few people bob ??
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Volunteers part deux

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Just to check: From what times on Friday and Saturday? I can do both days. :)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46