Jake Newman signs for K*ttering...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Jake Newman signs for K*ttering...

Post by BartonRaz »

I broke the news on the Members Forum earlier in the week that i'd been told Jake Newman was going to K*ttering, or should I say K£tt£ring?

Jon Dunham has just confirmed it on Twitter.

Must say i'm bitterly disappointed. Thanks for the memories last season, Jake. The goal at Ashington was the best one!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Jake Newman signs for K*ttering...

Post by Trek »

Not surprised after reading your earlier posts and the twitter stuff. Best of luck to the lad, I hope he gets paid and doesn't regret this decision.

Players come and go and I hope the ones that wear our shirt do it for the right reasons. ;)
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Everyweeker »

Good luck to Jake, he played a crucial role for us last season and may go on to a very good striker indeed.

However, there are players I would hate to lose more, and with the signing of Dunkley (plus other rumours), and with Alfie and Lance around, I don't think we should lose that much sleep, even if none of us would have wanted to see Jake depart.
Member Number: 21
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Judas!!! ;)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

is this a wind up!! I almost chocked on my of tea,

I know we are going to have one hell of a strike force next season but I'm gutted to see jake go
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Judas. Hope this galvanises the whole management and playing squad to pass the scum even more than previously.
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Everyweeker »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Judas. Hope this galvanises the whole management and playing squad to pass the scum even more than previously.
I'll never hear a good word said about K*ttering, but I think to call Jake a "Judas" without knowing the facts is far, far too strong.
Member Number: 21
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

He scored some important goals for us but he also missed a hell of a lot of very presentable chances. I wonder if he will get as many opportunities against defences from 2 levels higher.
Drunken Debanker
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Drunken Debanker »

Everyweeker wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Judas. Hope this galvanises the whole management and playing squad to pass the scum even more than previously.
I'll never hear a good word said about K*ttering, but I think to call Jake a "Judas" without knowing the facts is far, far too strong.
Its pretty funny though :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagn8Wrmzuc

To be fair he was a decent player got some crucial goals and our first ever hatrick, but he only has one foot he is pretty greedy and he didn't like his song and that took a group of us, dozens of sambucas and apple sourz from the fittest barmaid in Newcastle to come up with it, some people just aren't grateful.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
We'll Drink Some Beer
And We'll Drink Some More
Cuz We Are The Rushden Boys On Tour.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Quite shocked to hear that. Can he make the 2 divisions jump from UCL? Maybe he will learn how to head the ball.
But thanks Jake and good luck for the future .
What puzzles me is "How can K*ttering be signing players and even planning for next season when they are still awaiting a winding up order from HMRC" or has that been resolved?

Sorry to lose Jake but players come and go, and we have already signed a great player in Russell Dunkley. I am sure we will sign a few more and lose a few more. At our level it is unusual for players to be on contracts (Alfie, Sam and Sean) so we can expect some of last seasons squad to move out to hopefully, for them, get regular football.