New Signing - Nat Liburd

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

New Signing - Nat Liburd

Post by Formic »

UttoDiamond

Re: New Signing - Nat Liburd

Post by UttoDiamond »

Wow, another great signing!!! 10 goals from midfield in the division above! Cracking job Starms and Peaksy!!
AFC R&D Member Number 444
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I'm pleased with that as it's an area I thought we needed strengthening. Allen and Morgan can do a job there but neither are natural wingers/wide midfielders. Good stuff.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Great that we are taking successful players from Step 4 clubs. Looks like another good signing judging by the 'ever present' comment.
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

BartonRaz wrote:I'm pleased with that as it's an area I thought we needed strengthening. Allen and Morgan can do a job there but neither are natural wingers/wide midfielders. Good stuff.
I agree, we really only have two proper wingers, the rest are strikers filling in, I'm pretty sure gearing can play either side, so this guy I guess is going to be backup :dunno:
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

It's a squad game Ron, but I wouldn't expect this guy to settle for a place on the bench.
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

He's one of a few Liburds in non league football isn't he? And iirc, a non league player with the surname Liburd went on a random channel 4 reality show a while back, any relation I wonder?

Another signing from step 4 means our squad is shaping up very nicely indeed! And yeah, you don't drop a level to sit on the bench.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Gunna be some competition there now, thinking that Wiz and Gearing mainly featured out wide
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Nat has tweeted tonight saying the main reason he signed was because of the fan base we have. Doesn't that make you feel good.
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

Are we going for the 3-2-5 line up :?: with the front 5 being any from RD, Alfie, Wizza, Lance, MG, Nat, Ben and possibly A N Other. It`s the Kevin Keegan Black and White stripes approach, must be the Biffa influence. You score 4 and we`ll get 5. Hopefully the strengthening of the back four is currently work in progress, or Hopey is going to be about more than expected and Parky fingers crossed is about to see the back of his health issues.In which case maybe only need 2/3 more to come in, though all will be revealed in a few weeks time. Would be nice to have Spalding or Huntingdon very early in season to get a feel for where we are asap.