Nat Liburd 'suspension'

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Diamond Warrior

Nat Liburd 'suspension'

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Can anyone clarify why Nat Liburd missed the first two games through 'suspension' considering he wasn't suspended? He seems as stumped as anyone.

Is this a cock-up by the Club or the League? Very disappointing either way that it happened - good job we win both!
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Nat Liburd 'suspension'

Post by Formic »

I think you are applying a bit of journalistic licence there (or is it the perils of Twitter?). I spoke to him personally on Saturday as he sat in the stand at Market Deeping, and we discussed how his suspension arose. I asked him what it was for, and he told me it was for dissent, so I queried whether this meant a three match ban, and he said it did. Perhaps something has been discovered since then, but clearly its better to be safe than sorry in any situation like this - wouldn't you agree?

It's still showing as a suspension on the FA site, applying to last night's game.

http://full-time.thefa.com/DisplayFixtu ... d=12748719
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Journalist? Never ;)

I know it's been mentioned for ages on here and Twitter that it was a three game ban, but was that just from his word? As I say, it doesn't really matter because both games were won, but if we lost them and then found out he was in fact available it would have been very disapointing.
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Perhaps better to clarify this with Dave Albon on the official forum. He can reveal all.
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

UttoDiamond wrote:Perhaps better to clarify this with Dave Albon on the official forum. He can reveal all.
Agreed - but as I said, the fact it's still showing on the FA site as being applicable to last night's game suggests caution - http://full-time.thefa.com/DisplayFixtu ... d=12748719
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

I would agree the right option was taken, a season never goes by without a few teams at this level being deducted points for playing ineligible players. And from a few well reported cases in The Non League Paper last season it is probably fair to assume that if as a Club we had of got clarification from UCL / FA and then played him, if this was later found to be incorrect it would be us in the wrong.
Most items that appear to be debated on this forum can be referred back to a basic starting point. We used to follow a full time professional Club with lots (possibly more than needed) of full time staff, now we don`t almost everything done now is carried out by volunteers, i`m sure i`m not the only one who thinks they do a bl..dy good job. So lets all jog on down to London Colney while sitting top of the league and get a first ever win in the FA Cup possibly with the help of a fresh and rearing to go Nat.
Last edited by Brownie on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Well said, Brownie. ;)
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I would prefer Gearing over Liburd to replace Faz.
Noddy

Post by Noddy »

He was sent off in the AFC Hayes v Daventry Town game on 9 April - match report below
http://www.dtfc.co.uk/s/match-centre-39062/1-711409
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

:shock: :shock: has kingy got some brothers (see photo header/daventry :lol: :lol: ) :shock: :shock:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54