Jake Newman....Oh dear

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Jake Newman....Oh dear

Post by sussexdiamond »

It just doesn't seem to get any better for him
Jake was sent off today for two yellow cards. (see poppynet)

They did win 2-0 though.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: Jake Newman....Oh dear

Post by STAGMAN »

Also still no goals, would have been handy to have on the bench for us
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

STAGMAN wrote:Also still no goals, would have been handy to have on the bench for us

Do you think so Tony?

I reckon he would struggle this season, Dunks and Alfie are far better players 8-)
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

I did say bench Bob
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

He's a better player than Lance Allen, but the amount the front two are scoring at the minute he wouldn't be needed
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:He's a better player than Lance Allen, but the amount the front two are scoring at the minute he wouldn't be needed
I'd disagree with that opinion. I think Lance has a better all round game, is more skillful and has two feet.
AFC R & D member number 34
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

Three of Diamonds wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:He's a better player than Lance Allen, but the amount the front two are scoring at the minute he wouldn't be needed
I'd disagree with that opinion. I think Lance has a better all round game, is more skillful and has two feet.
Agreed, Newman would not make the bench, I think he would struggle against the defenders at this level, Lance Allen is a much better player all round, and its a shame he has not had a chance yet, I guess his time will come.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Oh come on you lot. I know Jake's now number one enemy after he joined K*ttering but to say Lance is a better player than Jake is madness.

Let's not forget he scored 26 goals last season, Duane Darby was probably the last person to do that for Diamonds, and without his goals there's absolutely no way we'd have been promoted.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

BartonRaz wrote:Oh come on you lot. I know Jake's now number one enemy after he joined K*ttering but to say Lance is a better player than Jake is madness.

Let's not forget he scored 26 goals last season, Duane Darby was probably the last person to do that for Diamonds, and without his goals there's absolutely no way we'd have been promoted.
I agree - although I don't think it was just the fact Jake joined K*ttering (plenty of well-respected Diamonds players have done that in the past), it was his lack of respect for his former club with his comments in his early days with the Poppies.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

BartonRaz wrote:Oh come on you lot. I know Jake's now number one enemy after he joined K*ttering but to say Lance is a better player than Jake is madness.

I agree that without him we'd not have been promoted, but I think Lance could've scored just as many if he'd been given the time that Jake had been given.

I prefer Lance, IMO he's faster, has two feet and has a spark of creativity that Jake didn't have. Jake was a good finisher at that level though, it would've been interesting to see how he'd have fared in a newly-promoted side which had confidence (even if he was playing second fiddle to Dunks), as opposed to being thrown in the deep end at Step 4 in a side with no confidence whatsoever.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46