FA Vase 2nd Round Draw

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
mike

Re: FA Vase 2nd Round Draw

Post by mike »

Trek wrote:I don't think any criticism concerning supporters coach travel to Dover has been levelled at any individuals connected with our Club. Perhaps I wouldn't have any complaint like Brownie and Pigman if I'd left on the team coach that departed Rushden at 8am. ;)
My criticism is directed purely at the coach operator and their drivers which I know many fans who I spoke to on both coaches were unhappy with.
You have a pm :|
Membership number 268
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

mike wrote:
You have a pm :|
I have responded.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

One of the advantages of the longer gap before the next round is that it gives people more time to organise travel - and take advantage of cheap advance tickets if they are able to make the trip by public transport. You can get to Wolverhampton that day for £10 return from Milton Keynes, or £12 from Northampton, from where you can get a bus to Castlecroft (which run every 15 mins).
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Pigman wrote:Fed up beyond belief - ANOTHER away draw ! Because of that I'll miss this one !! Hoping we either win or get a draw so I can see us beat them on the Tuesday after ;) !! Very disappointed by this though - unless I can drive from Bedford to there in under an hour??? Hmmmmm probably not eh? :(
Make sure you're not using the Micra for that one. ;)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Bob's Bitch wrote:
Pigman wrote:Fed up beyond belief - ANOTHER away draw ! Because of that I'll miss this one !! Hoping we either win or get a draw so I can see us beat them on the Tuesday after ;) !! Very disappointed by this though - unless I can drive from Bedford to there in under an hour??? Hmmmmm probably not eh? :(
Make sure you're not using the Micra for that one. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: or my Sat nav :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can everyone chill out 8-)

If anyone has some issues they would like to raise, then by all means come and see one of us. A couple of weeks ago, a fan came up to me and suggested that we have music playing before games to help get the crowd up.
That we be put in operation for our next home game 8-)

The issues with the coaches to Dover have been noted and comments made. The stop was down to the drivers getting a free lunch and has duly been conveyed to the coach company.

As Jim says, come and talk to us, we are fans too and we make comments to each other to improve the match day experience. 8-)
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

I know Rocket Ronnie who drove the Top Fuel Dragster Firefly back in the day, so if you want me to sort you a lift, top speed just short of 300mph so there in an hour no problem, may even have time for a pee break, though if you spent any amount of time with Ronnie in a Dragster your break may possibly be for something more than a pee.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Duke of Wimbourne wrote:A couple of weeks ago, a fan came up to me and suggested that we have music playing before games to help get the crowd up.
Good idea!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Duke of Wimbourne wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, a fan came up to me and suggested that we have music playing before games to help get the crowd up.
I've been on to John G about that for weeks. He's told me that since Dazzler's been on his travels he's unable to sort it out. I thought I even persuaded Chas's son to see what he could do. Can we get Brian Matthew in? :D
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 43 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

If Bob's organising the music be prepared for LITS of Paloma Faith
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

:lol: :lol: