Where'z Wizz ?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Mat.H

Re: Where'z Wizz ?

Post by Mat.H »

I told her this morning and rather than being upset she said she only liked him because he was No7 and she is seven, she says she will just like whoever else is No7. Kids.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

shoot me down if I'm being arrogant but I would rather be a squad player for AFCRD than be a star player in any other UCL side. I know these players just want to play football but why not do a "Sean McBride" and get your head down, get your chance and take it. Wizz only lost his place in the team when he went on holiday so can't see why he can't win it back.

Between Nat and Wizz I think Wiz may have a better football brain but I think Nat has got that extra yard.

I think there's going to be a few players not in the team at the moment that may be looking to leave. Reminds me a bit when we won promotion from the Conference after a couple of months we started seeing players going (j.jackson etc) and new players (o.lowe etc) coming in. I think if we want to be promoted if not this season but maybe next season expect a few comings and goings

My fully behind Starms and Peaks to make the right decisions
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

I think Spalding having played 10 won 10 conceeded 1 (I think) will win the league and with only one promotion place is it worth spening money bringing in players in October. We should be thinking about getting the best out of the players we have finishing as high as we can this season and going for it next season when Spalding are out of the way. I think to catch Spalding now will cost a lot of cash and need a lot of luck.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
Basil

Post by Basil »

Real shame to see Wizz leave but good luck to him for the future. Wouldn't mind seeing Billy Smith as a replacement :D :D
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Disappointed Wizz has left. Scored a lot of goals for us considering his position and started well this season before going on holiday which seemed to spell the end for him. He was class against Deeping.

Whilst i'd like to see Billy Smith here, I think the question is - do we really need a replacement? He left because he wasn't playing as much as he'd like. We've got Gearing coming back and looking sharp, I don't think a multitude of back-up players are necessary at this level, or good for team morale.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

sandringhamdiamond wrote:shoot me down if I'm being arrogant but I would rather be a squad player for AFCRD than be a star player in any other UCL side. I know these players just want to play football but why not do a "Sean McBride" and get your head down, get your chance and take it. Wizz only lost his place in the team when he went on holiday so can't see why he can't win it back.

Between Nat and Wizz I think Wiz may have a better football brain but I think Nat has got that extra yard.

I think there's going to be a few players not in the team at the moment that may be looking to leave. Reminds me a bit when we won promotion from the Conference after a couple of months we started seeing players going (j.jackson etc) and new players (o.lowe etc) coming in. I think if we want to be promoted if not this season but maybe next season expect a few comings and goings

My fully behind Starms and Peaks to make the right decisions
Lots of very good points very well made, but as stated by others it`s evolution, and considering we only started 16 months ago it`s likely the may well be a few changes in the first 2 years, but IMO we have had less than may have been expected. Possibly part of the problem is the fact that so many are involved within the Club a higher % than would possibly be the norm are closer to the players, and to be fair the vast majority of our present and past players are all very likeable lads, so it becomes more personal, as opposed to Oh Joe Bloggs has gone.
Wizz staying and fighting for his place :?: would have liked him to, but we are not privy to anything that may have been discussed or future plans so not in a position to judge if an option.
If he is moving on as appears to be the case, all the best to him, he will be missed but will always remain part of year one in the Clubs history which was part of a long conversation I had with him on the final day of last season.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

He made a real difference to the team last season - after all, had he not scored in the home games in March against Potton or Rothwell Corinths we might still be in Step 6 - so I hope he does well with the Doughboys if that's where he does go. Before his holiday it looked like he would make the step-up to Step 5.

We effectively have a squad of a starting XI plus 5 outfield players now, so we'll either have to reintroduce Ben Morgan onto the first team scene, or get Rashid Koriya involved, or be ready for a few issues if we pick up an injury or two on a Saturday with so many midweek games coming up.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

BartonRaz wrote:Disappointed Wizz has left. Scored a lot of goals for us considering his position and started well this season before going on holiday which seemed to spell the end for him. He was class against Deeping.

Whilst i'd like to see Billy Smith here, I think the question is - do we really need a replacement? He left because he wasn't playing as much as he'd like. We've got Gearing coming back and looking sharp, I don't think a multitude of back-up players are necessary at this level, or good for team morale.
Spot on BR
AFC R&D Member No. 67
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

So, Where'z Wizz ? Next door. :(
Hope all goes well for him, it is a pity another player has moved away, but, he may do us a few favours and upset some of the top 6 clubs.
Our Loss, Wellingborough's gain.
It will be interesting on Boxing Day........
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Disappointed he's gone, but that's part and parcel of football I guess. Players come and go. All the best for the future Wizz, but not on Boxing Day or New Years Day!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73