Nat and Lance both released

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Lance and Nat Depart

Post by Everyweeker »

Member Number: 21
mike

Nat and Lance both released

Post by mike »

Words can't describe my disappointment :-(
Membership number 268
Mat.H

Re: Lance and Nat Depart

Post by Mat.H »

What is going on??

We don't know what they have done for the management to come to their decision but we can all guess.
Good luck to both players.

Can Wizz come back now???
AFC R&D Membership No 283
AdamSRJFC

Post by AdamSRJFC »

Completely agree with the management on this one.

Don't show respect by posting rubbish on twitter, don't deserve a place in our squad, enough said.

Good luck to both of them, especially disappointed to see Lance leave, but both releases are for the right reason.
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Re: Nat and Lance both released

Post by Brownie »

mike wrote:Words can't describe my disappointment :-(
Is that disappointment in the fact they have been released, or that they have forced the hand of the management resulting in said release. Possibly the Clubs first real test and hopefully all will stand behind those who have had to make difficult decisions and we will quickly move on. After all as a Club we are all intent on moving forward as swiftly as possible and we will have instances when people don`t want to buy into what it`s all about and the Club will always be bigger than any individual.
That said I`m sorry to see them depart, especially Lance who I have a lot of time for and thought he could be with us a long time, but then I only saw him on match days, 2 sides and all that.
Wish them both all the best in the future, time to move on for all concerned.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH. :( :( :(
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
rdfc4life

Post by rdfc4life »

why the hell have we let nat go as well?!!!

losing wizz was bad enough, but now losing the other right midfield in Liburd (and possibly Allen) is a joke.

If they have been released because of their actions on twitter then this is stupid, Allen rightly had a point to be angry and annoyed at not being picked, and I think not bringing him on, on Tuesday was a joke.

Losing faith very quickly..
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I agree that shouting off on Twitter is not great, but is this punishment not a little excessive? That said, we don't know if they've been warned in the past so i'll back the manager on this one.

IMO we've lost two very good players and our squad is looking incredibly thin now. It'll be interesting to see what happens from here.

I'm TOTALLY playing devil's advocate here, but I wonder if Dunks/Sam Brown/Alfie would have been released for doing the same thing?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
rdfc4life

Post by rdfc4life »

BartonRaz wrote:I agree that shouting off on Twitter is not great, but is this punishment not a little excessive? That said, we don't know if they've been warned in the past.

IMO we've lost two very good players and our squad is looking incredibly thin now. It'll be interesting to see what happens from here.

I'm TOTALLY playing devil's advocate here, but I wonder if Dunks/Sam Brown/Alfie would have been released for doing the same thing?

Totally agree with you BR, Lance especially had a right to be annoyed the way he had been treated, and you have to remember what level we are at, its not professional football anymore.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

AdamSRJFC wrote:Completely agree with the management on this one.

Don't show respect by posting rubbish on twitter, don't deserve a place in our squad, enough said.

Good luck to both of them, especially disappointed to see Lance leave, but both releases are for the right reason.
I disagree, certainly in Lance's case. He's been messed around with for a month after showing his class against Cambridge.

Rather than the management getting annoyed at him posting stuff, maybe they should look at themselves and how they've handled the squad over the past month.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46