after the last few days....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Re: after the last few days....

Post by Biggles »

Basically you or me have no god given right to told everything, as some of the details may well be private.

No Football club can be totally open to the fans, we get told more than many Clubs in the country and yes we should be grateful we have a Club and except we are just a small club and live with it.

I'm afraid we most likely will never see the Football League again but may get to step 3 or 2 after many years as i doubt our fan base will ever reach above a couple of thousand.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Biggles wrote:Basically you or me have no god given right to told everything, as some of the details may well be private.
Who are they private to??? One fan one vote one club, but only allowed to know anything that we the almighty decide to tell you. It is no wonder people are looking elsewhere to find out things. It therefore leads to a lot of ( false) speculation regarding certain topics. We are all after the same ultimate target at the end of the day, yet the majority of the fans are kept in the dark.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
Biggles wrote:Basically you or me have no god given right to told everything, as some of the details may well be private.
Who are they private to??? One fan one vote one club, but only allowed to know anything that we the almighty decide to tell you. It is no wonder people are looking elsewhere to find out things. It therefore leads to a lot of ( false) speculation regarding certain topics. We are all after the same ultimate target at the end of the day, yet the majority of the fans are kept in the dark.
We elect the Board to act on our behalf - and in so doing they are obliged to keep certain sensitive details out of the public domain. Imagine if they didn't - would players/sponsors want to get involved with us, could the club function properly?

I think the Board are extremely open - as they should be given the nature of club (i.e. finances are clearly available etc). If you do not feel they are open enough, then you can either stand or vote for someone at the next elections running on a mandate of more openness. Or just ask, in front of everyone, at the next FF and see if you get a clear enough answer.

Indeed, I do not feel 'in the dark' regarding any topic at the moment, including the recent player departures. What do you feel unsure about RH?

*For the record, I too think a FF soon would be a good thing.
Member Number: 21
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

Private between individuals, washing your dirty laundry in public is not always good for the people involved or the Club.

Some things should remain private and frankly why do you need to know, just nosy maybe.

I don't care about the players, managers etc all i care about is that we have the Club to support at the end of the day.

In the next few years no doubt we will go through loads of players and maybe even change managers thats Football and frankly players twittering gossip and moans is frankly cobblers and of no interest.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Everyweeker wrote:We elect the Board to act on our behalf - and in so doing they are obliged to keep certain sensitive details out of the public domain. Imagine if they didn't - would players/sponsors want to get involved with us, could the club function properly?

I think the Board are extremely open - as they should be given the nature of club (i.e. finances are clearly available etc). If you do not feel they are open enough, then you can either stand or vote for someone at the next elections running on a mandate of more openness. Or just ask, in front of everyone, at the next FF and see if you get a clear enough answer.
+1
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
Lost a £1 & found a penny have we, or just wrong side of the bed this morning. Of course the will be things in any organisation (however open) that have to remain under wraps untill the appropriate time, and to be honest I would not have believed I'd ever find anyone to argue against that. After all we all hope in time to have our own ground, if anything is progressing on this does anyone honestly expect or want it broadcast to all & sundry :roll:
Not sure why but I do care as to why over recent weeks RH you have taken to slaughtering almost everything that is being done by the Club officials. You made the point about the coach which was noted, and as a professional driver you I'm sure were possibly aware of incentives given to coach drivers by service stations, so why go on & on about it. You like many others were involved at NP helping out & giving up your valuable time, yet was it not due to the garbage IYO spoken & written by others you decided enough was enough & withdrew your help, so why the recent torrent of full on / back handed slating :?: fobbed of by board Members? I was present recently when you engaged in a conversation regarding the Club with a board member amongst others, and for reasons we both know I doubt you can remember if you got any answers let alone what they were. Let's just take a step back chill a bit & think about what we say & write as after all we all want the same thing don't we :?:
rushdenshireelite

Post by rushdenshireelite »

At the end of the day the results haven't been the issue with fans, we are happy to have our club! It seems to me that different things have been said by different people and it doesn't all add up! I know official statements have been made but we as fans should know what happened! It's not an intrusive matter and it's not like we want to know where every penny is going!
White, red and blue army
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
Formic wrote:. Add to that the Board Members are easily accessible at games (no hiding in corporate areas), and anyone who has a real concern can easily ask them about it....

Second comedy post this week.
That statement is one of the biggest crocks of sxxx I have ever read. I have been fobbed off with bullshit answers by at least three different board members in the past so I don't even bother now.
Was that because to either asked Bull***t questions or didn't get the answers you really wanted? 8-)
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

We may get an honest answer to the ins and outs of why the management decided that Lance & Nat had to go, at the fans forum.

We got answers from Starms, regarding why Ainsley was let go.

If we don't get answers then, so be it, I trust Starms and the management to make decisions with the clubs best interests at heart.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

As a board member and a club member and a fan I would like to have my say. Thees are my personal thoughts and do not in anyway shape or form come from any other board member.

I was co-opted onto the board for my sales and marketing skills, I had never sat on a football club board before, but as a fan, I volunteered my help. Over the last two years I have learnt a lot and become somewhat thick skinned recently. Our club is envied by almost every other club at our level, and we have to endure sniping constantly. I bat this off with a smile and a joke.

We are set up as a fan run club, and I appreciate that because of the number of members there is bound to be differences of opinion, which I accept. Our mandate was to run an U18's side until we could raise a senior team. This we did.
We then set about getting a manager and players to play for the club, I was not involved in this process as I was more occupied with getting the D&D up to scratch and to make it feel like home for the fans, I think I have pretty much done this, with the invaluable help of volunteers (I thank them from the bottom of my heart)

We were also tasked with finding land for our own ground, and have set up a long term planning group to explore options. A lot of this work has to be kept under wraps for obvious reasons, for this I opologise if you feel this should be public knowledge.

To try and buy land we have had to be frugal in our financial dealings whilst having to have money available for the squad and ground improvements etc. Our constitution states that there is one member one vote, so that no one person can take control of the club or it's finances. This has it's limitations and means we will take time to grow the club (we do except donations) However I am sure that no one wants to be in the situation where we are beholding to a chairman that only wants to strip assets from the club, or it is his plaything?

I speak to fans all the time and I am available at every game for questions and answers, and have always given truthful answers as far as I can, without jepadising the future of the club in any way, as I know the other board members have done.

If the majority of the fans are unhappy with what I and my fellow board members are doing, please let us know and we will stand down and let other fans take up the mantle (I can see my wife raising her hand once she reads this :lol: )

I suspect the real reason for the present discontent is down to results on the pitch? Do you not think that we as fans are hurt or disappoint as well? I know the management and the players are and are trying to find a way to continue the good work they have already done.