[ Sat 21st Dec ] v Boston Town, KO 3pm UCLP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 21st Dec ] v Boston Town, KO 3pm UCLP AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: [ Sat 21st Dec ] v Boston Town, KO 3pm UCLP AWAY

Post by sussexdiamond »

I think the depth of strength in our squad Is going to be sorely tested over the next couple of weeks ( and for all clubs in the UCL).Last year at this time very few games were played due to the weather but this year we and Welly have four games including 4th Jan, the others only have three maximum.

Yesterday we were without Deakin and Parky through injury/illness, Gilly was not available (don't know how long that is likely to be). Alfie and Fazal still not yet 100% (Faz did well yesterday when he came on). Now Bunting looks as though he may miss a couple, at least, unless Kimberley can perform her magic. I hope we don't have any Under 21 fixtures as we may well need to call on Ben, Devon and Rashid, and maybe a couple of others.

IT may also be that not all players are available over all of the holiday period. Squad rotation is going to be very much to the fore. We will need to be at our very best in the two games v Welly, remember they have beaten us twice to date.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

At least we have a free Tuesday this week, when most of the other clubs are playing. As the Doughboys also have a free Tuesday it looks like the fixture compiler gave the two teams a New Year's Day game instead, so most teams will have four games in that fifteen day period.
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

Formic wrote:At least we have a free Tuesday this week, when most of the other clubs are playing. As the Doughboys also have a free Tuesday it looks like the fixture compiler gave the two teams a New Year's Day game instead, so most teams will have four games in that fifteen day period.
I had a match against Woodford in my diary for this Tuesday so I guess we would have been playing if Woodford had not dropped to div. 1.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

rushdenman wrote:
Formic wrote:At least we have a free Tuesday this week, when most of the other clubs are playing. As the Doughboys also have a free Tuesday it looks like the fixture compiler gave the two teams a New Year's Day game instead, so most teams will have four games in that fifteen day period.
I had a match against Woodford in my diary for this Tuesday so I guess we would have been playing if Woodford had not dropped to div. 1.
That's a good call. Looking back at the original list they've crammed in the extra games for the next two Saturdays, as both of them were blank originally. I remember thinking how it was a good call by the UCL to leave the Saturday before Christmas free as the gates would be poor - yet now we have to travel to Boston...
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

Formic wrote:
rushdenman wrote:
That's a good call. Looking back at the original list they've crammed in the extra games for the next two Saturdays, as both of them were blank originally. I remember thinking how it was a good call by the UCL to leave the Saturday before Christmas free as the gates would be poor - yet now we have to travel to Boston...
Shame on you Formic, UCL & good call in the same sentence, the Men in White coats will be round to take you away shortly.
What has everyone got lined up for Tue night footy. Did Bedford V Hemel last week, thinking Barton Rovers V Dunstable could be a good call tomorrow?? 1st V 3rd & only 5 league defeats between them, or is anyone doing Graham St Prims V St Andrews.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Would have been up for the prims game - sadly I have to work tomorrow. I have a meeting at St Neots (at the football club too). I understand there is an u21s match there tomorrow - if I get out of my meeting in time I may catch the second half if I'm lucky !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Boston v Deeping
Newport Pagnell v Huntingdon
Spalding v Holbeach

Boston drew with Deeping earlier in the season so hopefully they can do the same tomorrow night. I don't think the other two will slip up though.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Bob's Bitch wrote:Boston v Deeping
Newport Pagnell v Huntingdon
Spalding v Holbeach

Boston drew with Deeping earlier in the season so hopefully they can do the same tomorrow night. I don't think the other two will slip up though.
Holbeach are about 10 unbeaten while Spending Utd have lost every game they have played this week. It's either 1-1 or about 5-0 to The Pie Mans step 2 exiles. Fingers crossed.
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Sadly it looks like we will be involved in another minutes silence/applause this Sat at Boston. After Harrowby, Yaxley, Rushden & Higham & Buckingham last season together with those this season just read on official Boston site that the Clubs President Reg Brown has sadly passed away, it would appear he had been involved with the Club for over 40 years.