10 games left

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

10 games left

Post by Three of Diamonds »

4 at home and 6 away, it isn't going to be easy. However even after Tuesday's fixtures we'll still be in 4th place (unless Ketterin record an 18 - 0 win over Alty) with 2 games in hand of "them". Best we can hope for is Luton to lose (at home to Kiddy, I can't see that happening) and Alty to draw with Kettrin. I suppose we can pray that Stevenage lose at home to Histon, but it's a long shot. Mansfield are at home to York so either a Stags win or a draw would be fine.
It's a heck of a challenge for our team, but it's good enough.
AFC R & D member number 34
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: 10 games left

Post by Pigman »

The bottom line is it's all in our own hands, 100% down to us !!! I'm not going to get too worried about what others are doing to be honest - win 10 games and we'll be in the play-offs at least, maybe even Champions (although unlikely).
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

PigmanRDFC wrote:The bottom line is it's all in our own hands, 100% down to us !!! I'm not going to get too worried about what others are doing to be honest - win 10 games and we'll be in the play-offs at least, maybe even Champions (although unlikely).
I quite agree. It's far too easy to spend inordinate amounts of time thinking about how other results might go without focussing on our own challenges. I heard a Cobblers' player being interviewed on Radio Northants on the way home yesterday, and when asked whether he'd looked at other results his reply was to the effect that he's not interested in them with so many games to go.

If there are three or four games left then the calculations about who is definitely in, or definitely out of the playoffs can start - but as we've seen in other seasons, there is often a dark horse who wasn't even on the play-off "radar" at this stage of the season.

Let's just hope we get a decent following for those games. I was pretty disappointed with the turnout yesterday, and hopefully a few more will make the sacrifices necessary to follow the team through these final games.
Rdfc91

Post by Rdfc91 »

Agreed, hopefully the high scoreline will bode well for a good turnout to Altrincham, but then again i think most people will be saving there money for the big trip down to Wimbledon the week after, which will hopefully see one of our higher turnouts for the season, especially considering how cheap it is to get in - they even offer cheap tickets for people who are unemployed!

If we pick up a result at Altrincham id hope for a big crowd for the Oxford game on Wednesday!
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

It'll be a big crowd anyway, think we could be looking at 1500 home and 1500 away.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

Cliche' I know but... take one game at a time and go out to win it - simples..!
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Rdfc91 wrote:they even offer cheap tickets for people who are unemployed!
Good for scabby little tax dodgers like you then ;)

The club should do something like this though. Corby is absolutely full of them! Can put them in a caged section in the South Stand :lol: :lol: