New Signing - Adam Confue....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

New Signing - Adam Confue....

Post by BartonRaz »

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/new-signing-adam-confue

Not an area I thought we massively needed to strengthen, but when a player with his background becomes available you're going to take the opportunity.

Looks quite big for a central midfielder - looks more like a central defender. If his Daventry profile is correct then he missed their play-off defeat to K*ttering.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: New Signing - Adam Confue....

Post by Trek »

That signing demonstrates serious intent. Competition in all areas. I wonder if we're going to run with an U21 back up keeper to complete the squad.
paulg

Post by paulg »

Never seen him play but on paper a midfielder who scored double figures at Step 4 last season appears to be a terrific signing for us. As has been pointed out, we were doing ok in that position - maybe this could be a sign that the management team are targeting a strong showing in the cups through the autumn & winter, alongside the obvious priority of hitting the ground running in the Prem.
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

Darren Foster (Dav Manager) seems is a bit annoyed he's going, he says they couldn't compete fanancialy.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

I spoke to someone who has seen a lot of Adam Confue in the past couple of seasons and he said that this is an incredible signing for us and should score at least a dozen goals.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

Mat.H wrote:Darren Foster (Dav Manager) seems is a bit annoyed he's going, he says they couldn't compete fanancialy.
The trend seems to suggest we are paying good money for these players to represent our club. The other clubs that have done that in the past have been labelled as clubs that 'buy the league'. Whether we get 200 or 600 at home matches, we are likely to be seen as another one of these clubs.
paulg

Post by paulg »

Possibly so, although I don't think we're anywhere near the scale of how Spalding built their powerful squad last year, and we still don't know whether there will be another club that does something like that in our league ahead of next season. If so then they will claim that big spending label ahead of us.
Guess we'll find out over next few weeks.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

paulg wrote:........whether there will be another club that does something like that in our league ahead of next season.
John Chand on his return to Holbeach has been busy snapping up a few of Spalding's title winning squad and I'm surprised that it hasn't been mentioned that ex Corby, Stamford and Boston United manager, Graham Drury, has joined him in a 'joint managerial' role with the Tigers. They will be serious contenders for the title, along with Wisbech and their Fenland chums, Deeping and I think Yaxley will also be a stronger outfit than last season. Let's not forget also that Huntingdon are continued to be supported by their 'Bentley driving' Chairman.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Spalding will be building half a squad, speaking to some of their players after the game at the Dog and Duck family and work commitments mean that they don't want to play above UCL Level due to the extra travelling. I think what happened this season was Pat managed to get a team of players probably too good for the UCL all in one place at one time.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

This signing is just what we needed . We have never had anybody who "bosses" the midfield and scores goals.