Midweek games 3rd March

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Midweek games 3rd March

Post by sussexdiamond »

Well here we go again. I just love these midweek games when we are not playing. You get the excitement of following scores on twitter and reveling in our opponents misery without the anxiety of your own team playing.
At the match on Saturday I spoke with a few people expressing this view and not all were in agreement, they preferred to wait until 10pm and then check all the scores. What do you reckon?

Anyway here goes:
Thurnby v Sileby........probably home win, but Sileby do now have the nomadic Mr Byrne who scored two on Saturday.
Yaxley v Wisbech.....that is definitely one to follow. At home this season Yaxley have beaten Diamonds, Holbeach and Thurnby. Are they capable of getting a point against a rampant Wisbech though?
Desboro v Holbeach. Just how great is the Holbeach slide? Anything less than 4-0 win will be a sign that they are truly a spent force. This will be Ar Tarns first game since our visit, so they will be looking to regain some credibility
The other games, of little significance to us:
Kempston v Huntingdon
Harboro v Cogenhoe
Harrowby v Boston
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: Midweek games 3rd March

Post by Pigman »

Pick of the crop is Yaxley v Wisbech isn't it? Might (work permitting) get over to that one, not too far to go, it's the only match that stimulates my interest this week (oooer matron) ;)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Rob Hughes, who was sent off on Saturday, has left Yaxley. He's been very influential for them over the last 3-4 years.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Hughes joined two summers ago according to the Yaxley website
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Yes Dave, should have said 'recent seasons'. Manager singing his praises, despite him missing that guilt edge chance at the Dog n' Duck. :o Appears he's going to have an extended break away from the game.
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

Pigman wrote:Pick of the crop is Yaxley v Wisbech isn't it? Might (work permitting) get over to that one, not too far to go, it's the only match that stimulates my interest this week (oooer matron) ;)

I agree, it would be nice if Yaxley took something out of the Wisbech game, (less pressure on us for the Wisbech at home then.) :D
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Wisbech score in first minute!!

Well, so did Huntingdon
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Now 1-1

Sileby lead 1-0 at Thurnby.......that man Byrne
Cogenhoe lead 1-0 at Harborough
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

YAXLEY LEAD 2-1

NOW 2-2 Another exciting evening at Yaxley. Hope it is a bit more quiet next Tuesday.

I see Yaxley home record is actually better than ours regarding points dropped. They have lost one and won all the others
Last edited by sussexdiamond on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

2-2 last seconds of first half.