[ Tues 11th Aug ] v St Ives Town, KO 7:45pm SLD1C AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Tues 11th Aug ] v St Ives Town, KO 7:45pm SLD1C AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: [ Tues 11th Aug ] v St Ives Town, KO 7:45pm SLD1C AWAY

Post by Mad Dog »

Spotted that St Ives have done match highlights from their 1-1 draw with Kings Langley:

http://youtu.be/LOXL8cYjzKE
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Went to St Ives back in January. It's quite difficult to find so it's worth familiarising yourself with the area on Google Maps or something, i'm sure most of us do that anyway. There is a gym/leisure centre nextdoor with a large car park. Rightly or wrongly I parked in there.

The 'stadium' itself was in bad shape and in dire need of some TLC. As Cambridge City have now moved in I'm going to assume work has been done over the summer to rectify the issues. On the other hand the clubhouse is quite decent.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

BartonRaz wrote:Went to St Ives back in January. It's quite difficult to find so it's worth familiarising yourself with the area on Google Maps or something, i'm sure most of us do that anyway. There is a gym/leisure centre nextdoor with a large car park. Rightly or wrongly I parked in there.

The 'stadium' itself was in bad shape and in dire need of some TLC. As Cambridge City have now moved in I'm going to assume work has been done over the summer to rectify the issues. On the other hand the clubhouse is quite decent.
I'll second that. I went there when they were still in the UCL and it looked pretty dilapidated. I too parked in the Leisure Centre Car Park, but it was pretty crammed due to evening classes / sessions. The club suggests parking in the town and walking, but its not clear how practical that is for an evening game. I too had trouble finding the ground after being routed around a strange road system in the centre of town - it might be easier when approaching from a different direction.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Formic wrote:I too had trouble finding the ground after being routed around a strange road system in the centre of town - it might be easier when approaching from a different direction.
The best route to take is to follow the ring road around around Huntingdon from Spitalls Interchange as if going to Jubilee Park, but follow the A1123 to Wyton and St Ives taking the first road on your right as you enter the outskirts of St Ives to the St Ivo Leisure Centre Car Park.
Alternatively turn off the A14 at Huntingdon Race Course taking the Brampton Road into Huntingdon past the Rail Station, then follow the internal ring road to Hartford and Wyton as above. After 6pm there shouldn't be traffic issues in Huntingdon. I wouldn't follow the 'how to get here' route that St Ives Town recommend on their web site.
Diamond-In-Barton

Post by Diamond-In-Barton »

Trekster totally agree your routes are the ones i would suggest people take too.
The routes some of these clubs recommended are very odd.
Trek

Post by Trek »

Diamond-In-Barton wrote:Trekster totally agree your routes are the ones i would suggest people take too.
The routes some of these clubs recommended are very odd.
I think the club deliberately tell people to leave the A14 at junction 26 approaching Fenstanton and take the 'round Will's Mothers' route round the top of St Ives to avoid the town centre which is bad on a Saturday, street market congestion and all that.
Trek

Post by Trek »

It appears that Liam Dolman is definitely out tomorrow evening and Ollie Wilkinson is unavailable for the foreseeable future.
A return for Joe Merrill at right back? With Bunts missing as well, Brad will probably be required in midfield. Charlie Butt is also an option at right back.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Trek wrote:It appears that Liam Dolman is definitely out tomorrow evening and Ollie Wilkinson is unavailable for the foreseeable future.
A return for Joe Merrill at right back? With Bunts missing as well, Brad will probably be required in midfield. Charlie Butt is also an option at right back.
I feel sure i've seen Dolman hobble off and be substituted quite a few times now, only to start the followiong game. Hopefully it's nothing serious, we could really do without losing him for any length of time.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek

Post by Trek »

BartonRaz wrote: I feel sure i've seen Dolman hobble off and be substituted quite a few times now, only to start the followiong game. Hopefully it's nothing serious, we could really do without losing him for any length of time.
Jon Dunham has tweeted that he won't be fit. From having plenty of defensive cover now looking a bit sparse. I suppose Gilly will also provide goalkeeping/defensive cover.
In other news central defender Edi Appleton has left Corby Town today but I suspect he's lined up elsewhere.