Our form

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Our form

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

I refrained from posting yesterday as I was too angry to say what I thought but what has gone so horribly wrong since the St. Ives game? Or have we been bad for a lot longer.. Beaconsfield/fleet etc and the win against st Ives just masked that?

I haven't left a game feeling like I did yesterday for years! It's simply not good enough. And what's more worrying is that nobody seems to know where we're going wrong! The fans don't know, the players don't know, and the management team certainly don't know. The ref wasn't great yesterday, but you should always do enough to win a game without the help of a referee so that's no excuse. Uxbridge were absolute shite, to lose against them is quite frankly embarrassing with the squad at our disposable. I've heard people say "it just wouldn't drop for us" "just didn't have to luck" im sorry but that's not good enough and that's an excuse you'd hear on a Sunday morning, a one off game maybe but not 4 games straight.

There doesn't seem to be any passion or any ability to change things when it's not going right. We shouldn't be letting Uxbridge out of their half with 20 mins to go! Let alone settling for a point!

Stevenson can leave now as far as I'm concerned, people have a pop at Tom Lorraine's technical ability, but at least he cares and puts in a shift.

Hally and Claudio run their socks off and cover a lot of ground but they're either 5/10 players or 10/10 players that's why we needed to be keeping Richards sweet.

How the f*** we've conceded that opening goal, for starters the lad was shit and then we've let him run from the half way line and have a shot completely unopposed!
****ing rubbish.

Anyone know what position Paul Lamb played? Because obviously Peaksy isn't going to have a scooby on the attacking side of things and at the minute we couldn't score in a brothel.

People will say 'ahh well you would've took this position at the start of the season' and bloody right I would, because I didn't know what to expect. But we really should be well within the top 3/if not top.

Sort it out.

Rant over.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Our form

Post by ParcelFace »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Hally and Claudio run their socks off
Is this the same Claudio that got dispossessed and spent 10 seconds appealing for a foul rather than chasing the ball down. He's been so poor recently but there's no-one breathing down his neck to pressure him to perform well. Same for Hall but at least Hall can beat his man without losing the ball sometimes.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Our form

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Although I wasn't at the game I can't disagree with any of that, we lack any plan B and I'm afraid the management team seem to lack any ideas on the tactical front. The midfield seem far too pedestrian and without bunting there is no creativity in the centre of the park, from what I know about Jepson and Manship I'd be surprised if they can add much on that front. If we don't make the play offs considering the position we were in it will be ridiculous! I never thought a team could miss a left back as much as we do :ermm:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56