[ Tue 12th Apr ] v Barton Rovers, KO 7:45pm SL1DC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 104 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: [ Tue 12th Apr ] v Barton Rovers, KO 7:45pm SL1DC HOME

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Probably the best performance from the team since St Ives, started as we meant to go on. A real show of intent, we played some real nice stuff at times.

There's no getting away from the fact that we were poor on Saturday, but was complete polar opposite last night.

I agree with a few others that Bowen reminded me of Jake Newman.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

Bowen is a young lad who has suffered a couple of bad injuries in the past few years so the one thing he needed this season was a good long run of games which he has been able to get at Cogenhoe. Doubt it was ever the intention for us to use him this season but with the injuries recently we had run out of main target strikers. Seen him a couple of times this year and you certainly get 100% from him, one for the future without doubt and a good relationship with Cogenhoe appears to be in place, a Club who possibly have no desires to climb above UCL Prem but over the years have produces a hat full of quality players, we have had a few from them in the past 4 years but it appears to be working well for both Clubs given they have 4 of our players there at present. those very harsh among us could say Jack could/should have had more, but almost scoring within 20 seconds of his debut, coupled with being in the right place enough times to give himself a few good chances for a lad who probably didn`t have a clue he was likely to be involved prior to Monday will do for starters in my world, and the least he deserved was the one he did get, or possibly a MOTM which normally goes to new players on debut, my vote would have gone to Lewis who had his best game by a mile since joining and showed what he is capable of.
Shame we didn`t have the front to have it a Pay what you want game but pay on the way out instead of when going in, no idea how much was paid in total but sure it would have been twice as much had all those happy smiling people been confronted by a bucket at 9.35pm.
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

diamondgeezer1 wrote: I agree with a few others that Bowen reminded me of Jake Newman.
Having seen him pass the ball more than once with his chosen standing foot I would have to disagree, the is only 1 Flamingo.
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Young, hungry, local lad looking to prove himself at a higher level - Jack Bowen is exactly the sort of player we should be going for! Would have liked to have seen him brought in earlier, as he sounds a terrific prospect! :good:
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Looking at the Cooks team that played us last April it seems Bowen wore the number 5 shirt and Mal's photos shows him making a number of defensive headers so perhaps he didn't play up front that day.

Good to hear he had a promising debut last evening.
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

AFC R&D Member No. 67
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Outstanding bit of class from Claudiu that.