[ Tue 7th Mar ] v Witton Albion, KO 7:45pm NPL1S HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Tue 7th Mar ] v Witton Albion, KO 7:45pm NPL1S HOME

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: [ Tue 7th Mar ] v Witton Albion, KO 7:45pm NPL1S HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

This is going to be a very hard game to get anything from. We need to bounce back from recent results and really prove to the home fans that we are serious contenders for promotion. Those of us that travel to away matches have witnessed some great performances so we know what the players are capable of.

Our home form this season has been disappointing (understatement) and our home results in previous seasons against the top teams have been awful.
So now is the time to start correcting things and go on another unbeaten run.

It is ironic that as we are to play Witton twice it would be better to win and lose (3pts) rather than draw both (2pts) but lets be positive and look for six!!

Tuesdays games;
Leek v Stocksbridge
Sheffield v Shaw Lane

Lets hope the rain holds off, at least till after ko.
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

Weather-wise, I think we're going to be OK. Let's hope the pitch dries out enough.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

It will be interesting to see the lineup and the tactics for this game given the three quality signings we've made - especially if the likes of Westwood, Winters or Oulton are nearing a return. It was mentioned that Kyal McNulty was struggling for the recent postponed games, so perhaps Brad will take over at right-back,with Jamie Tank alongside Dolman at centre-back. Dan Quigley may play alongside his old mate Richard Bunting in midfield along with Ben Farrell, but we'll still be lacking width up front if we have Lorraine, Bowen and Shariff as the front three.
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

4 - 4 - 2 for me with Ford/Oulton (when fit)//Curtis & Orosz being midfield 4. Thankfully with Oulton close to a return it will see Bunting dropped and referees allowed the chance to actually referee the game! Let's also hope that if Quigley plays he is not as negative as he was last season. If we can get in another striker to partner Jack for a month then the play-offs ought to be achievable.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Delighted that Quigley is back but it'll be very interesting to see where he fits in. When Oulton returns there's going to be at least one very handy CM on the bench. When everyone is fit personally i'd play Quigley, Oulton and Farrell, but can't see Peaks dropping Bunting and I haven't even mentioned Joe Curtis.

Still think the squad is imbalanced and badly lacking width, but the recent additions are certainly a big step in the right direction.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote:Delighted that Quigley is back but it'll be very interesting to see where he fits in. When Oulton returns there's going to be at least one very handy CM on the bench. When everyone is fit personally i'd play Quigley, Oulton and Farrell, but can't see Peaks dropping Bunting and I haven't even mentioned Joe Curtis.

Still think the squad is imbalanced and badly lacking width, but the recent additions are certainly a big step in the right direction.
With another midfielder coming in and one coming back, it may be the end of Lewis Leslie. He'd really have to up his game if he wants to remain
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Their away record is 9 wins, 2 draws and only 3 defeats, they've had a highly impressive season and it's definitely going to be one of those rare occasions in our short history where we go into a home game clear underdogs, but a good result would set us up nicely to hopefully have a strong last 2 months of the season, really need to put together some form now.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

The effort was there but they were much more organised, they defended as a unit and attacked with a plan, we wasn't helped by the ref who had a shocker but fair score line I would say although we were unlucky not to get on the score sheet.
Rushden123

Post by Rushden123 »

Against a good all round team our performance was actually an improvement on recent games. Still the same players who are not good enough in Harris, Curtis and Lorraine. When u compare the two management teams on the sidelines it's embarrassing ours once again were at a funeral with the only time they said anything was to moan at the ref. My opinion that peaksy's time is up still remains.