Andy Peaks In

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
DiamondHunter

Andy Peaks In

Post by DiamondHunter »

Andy Peaks In

Love

The poppies
Last edited by DiamondHunter on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rushden123

Re: Andy Peaks Out

Post by Rushden123 »

Spot on. Been saying a while he's one of the biggest weak points at the club. Can't see him leaving though unfortunately.
DiamondHunter

Re: Andy Peaks In

Post by DiamondHunter »

Ha
Last edited by DiamondHunter on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I thought I'd logged into Poppynet for a minute there!

I'm sure Andy is as frustrated as the rest of us that he hasn't been able to find any decent wide players for this season. He showed last season that was his intention with the signing of Hoban, Richards and Hall. Hall and Richards clearly failed to deliver, and have now let their careers wane.

At this level its important to have a management team who can attract the locally based players who are prepared to play for what we offer. It's easy to say we should get in a Jon Brady or similar, but you've only got to look at what he spent and how long it took him to make progress at Brackley to see that its not as easy as people think.

Andy was criticised in the early days for being too vocal, for shouting out at the officials etc - and we all know what happened when he made the decision to drop Alfie Taylor. We've had issues at away games where our management team have been criticised for being too committed - and indeed we've seen them sent "to the stands" on occasions, so it's a balancing act to get the level of involvement right.

We've made three excellent recent signings, and Andy had to handle a couple of difficult pre-match challenges yesterday, yet we gave the best team in the league a decent game, especially in the second half. The big games are still to come - getting into the playoffs is still in our own hands after all - and I would certainly have taken that once I heard we were being moved to this division.
Last edited by Formic on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

With Basford having played 4 more games I think we can safety say its a top 6 shoot out for 5 places. Having looked at the top 6 head to head:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (7.31 KiB) Viewed 4223 times
With only 8/9/10 games left of the season, some teams have 6 of those games against Top 6 opposition. Shaw Lane and Witton are clearly a step above so those teams they still have to play are likely to drop points. With Leek still to play Witton home and away, Spalding home and away and us in their last 9 games it is not unreasonable to suggest they may drop 12 points or more in their remaining fixtures. Same goes for Newcastle who still have Shaw Lane home and away to play as well as Leek and us. The saving grace for us is that we have played Shaw Lane home and away and now Witton at home. With 2 of our 4 remaining top 6 games away from home we have a real opportunity to make some real point gains against the teams above us.

Its staggering that so many of the top 6 still have to play each other and with many still to play home and away a 6 point swing to any particular team can make a huge difference.

Keep the faith - its going to be one hell of a last 6 weeks! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

The board should give him and the management team until the end of the season, assess things over the summer, and make a decision.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

Wenger will be available soon. :joy:
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Strange, I don't recall DiamondHunter ever appearing on this message board before!! Unless it was last season when we had our run of bad results before finally reaching the play off finals.
Goodness me. We are in the TOP six, not the bottom six or even down in 8th or 9th place. Any three from the four behind Shaw Lane and Witton can make the play offs, which has always been our target. As I and others have stated the remaining games between the top six will be crucial.

All I can guess is that Diamondhunter is a frustrated Arsenal fan, in which case I can well understand his current state of mind.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

At times this forum is EMBARRASSING!! Yes we pay our money were entitled to an opinion etc! Sometimes you have to admit your beaten by the better team/teams.Dont get me wrong we do have people playing who do look out of depth at this level,but unfortunately MAYBE the budget dont allow us to have 11-12 Dolmans or 11-12 Oulton's! Also weve been hit with injuries to some important players, People need to understand were not going to win everyweek,upto now weve had another steady season (yes home form been disappointing) and when you lose players like hoban-bowen-quiggs-richards-sandy etc from last year it does make it difficult and then oulton,ashton have been out for large parts this season again makes it difficult!! I remember wen we won ucl prem people slating the management/players and these same people on the pitch cuddling everyone when were promoted...... even last year when we had a run of poor results then get play offs and its (andy peaks barmy army) LETS stick together keep supporting the team/club if your a fan surely you go regardless of the results and back your team/club 100% dont get me wrong were all frustrated but lets keep the faith.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

sussexdiamond wrote:Strange, I don't recall DiamondHunter ever appearing on this message board before!! Unless it was last season when we had our run of bad results before finally reaching the play off finals.
Goodness me. We are in the TOP six, not the bottom six or even down in 8th or 9th place. Any three from the four behind Shaw Lane and Witton can make the play offs, which has always been our target. As I and others have stated the remaining games between the top six will be crucial.

All I can guess is that Diamondhunter is a frustrated Arsenal fan, in which case I can well understand his current state of mind.
I think it is their first ever post on the forum and i think that says it all.
AFC R&D Member No. 67