[ Sat 18th Mar ] v Leek Town, KO 3pm NPL1S HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 18th Mar ] v Leek Town, KO 3pm NPL1S HOME

Post by Dazzler »

burger monster

Re: [ Sat 18th Mar ] v Leek Town, KO 3pm NPL1S HOME

Post by burger monster »

If we can get the win on Saturday, we can put some daylight between us and Leek. Going to be tough tho.

Let's take the many positives from Tuesday night and put in another very good performance Saturday to consolidate the play off spot.

Think there will be a decent crowd for this one.

Looking forward to this one. :good: :good: :good:
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The next week is certainly make or break for Leek. Diamonds tomorrow, Witton home on Tuesday and Spalding home next Saturday.

Best scenario would be for us to beat them and then they draw with Witton and beat Spalding. That would put 9 points between us and them and help cut Spaldings lead over us.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I'm finding it really difficult to pick my starting XI for this game, but here goes;-

...................................................Heath

Westwood....................Quigley.......................Dolman.....................Brown

Orosz..........................Oulton.......................Farrell.....................Richards

.......................................Bowen..............Shariff.................................
AFC R & D member number 34
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

I think it might be expecting too much for Oulton to start a game just yet. Unless Brad is suspended I expect him to play alongside Dolman, if he is suspended then another run out for Leslie with Dolman.
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

Three of Diamonds wrote:I'm finding it really difficult to pick my starting XI for this game, but here goes;-

...................................................Heath

Westwood....................Quigley.......................Dolman.....................Brown

Orosz..........................Oulton.......................Farrell.....................Richards

.......................................Bowen..............Shariff.................................
3 changes from the above for me, 2 starters and 1 positional.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Could be a critical factor. Leek have only one more away game after today :thumbdown:
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

If we don't win today I don't think we have a realistic claim to be play-off contenders. We've only won one home game against a team in the (current) top half of the table all season, so if we don't start winning at the Dog & Duck it will be time to accept a mid-table season and accept its not been too bad given our cup exploits.
http://www.afcdiamonds.com/201617-playe ... atch-stats
blackcountrydiamond

Post by blackcountrydiamond »

No sign of the usual suspects tonight..strange that. Never as quick to comment when we win as when we lose...

Followed on brilliant Radio Diamonds and absolutely loved the build up to the winner. Last few minutes was agony..partly as I hurt my hip jumping up to celebrate Nabs winner...but massive scenes.

We win a close one...it keeps the excitement going.. and our players clearly put in a massive shift...Brownie at centre half. It's what we love football for isn't it.

Happy Saturday (especially with Wolves winning!!)..
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Formic wrote:If we don't win today I don't think we have a realistic claim to be play-off contenders. We've only won one home game against a team in the (current) top half of the table all season, so if we don't start winning at the Dog & Duck it will be time to accept a mid-table season and accept its not been too bad given our cup exploits.
http://www.afcdiamonds.com/201617-playe ... atch-stats
Problem solved :cool: