How Embarrassing would a play-off final be??

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

How Embarrassing would a play-off final be??

Post by Rushdenjim »

Luton at Wembley - 25,000 +
Oxford - 15,000+
York - 10,000 +
Rushden - what 4,000 maybe 5,000!
How embarrassing :oops: :oops:
RushdenTillIDie

Re: How Embarrassing would a play-off final be??

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Will make the win all the more Sweeter for me and probably the team, hearing that many fans silenced!
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Why is that embarrassing ?

Other teams do find a lot of glory hunters - but have a much higher average gate than us anyway - and Rushden / Irthlingborough is hardly the same size as Oxford / York or Luton.

I certainly wasn't embarrassed to see us play in front of 22000 at Hillsborough, and have been to many games where the Diamonds fans are outnumbered ten to one.
Last edited by Formic on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rdfc91

Post by Rdfc91 »

Luton and Oxford would both take 40,000+.
CountHermanDeBanker

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

Rushdenjim wrote:Luton at Wembley - 25,000 +
Oxford - 15,000+
York - 10,000 +
Rushden - what 4,000 maybe 5,000!
How embarrassing :oops: :oops:

Sorry Jim, but that has to be one of the oddest posts I have ever seen on here.

Would not matter one jot if there was only 100 of us there as far as I am concerned, we would all be proud and passionate supporters of RDFC and would make as much noise as possible, backing OUR team.

Our pride and passion would be unquestionable. The only people remarking it would be embarrassing should be opposition fans - and quite frankly if we were at Wembley going for a 2nd shot in the Football League then I could not give two damn hoots what anyone else thought about RDFC, the fans, or number of supporters we may take.

Catchment is everything:

RDFC - approx 40-45k Rushden, Higham and Irthlingborough combined population
Luton - approx 185k population
Oxford - approx 150k population
York - approx 195k population

Based on your guesswork the % of "supporters" at Wembley against town population is:
RDFC 10%
Luton 13%
Oxford 10%
York 6%

So if anyone has reason to be embarrassed given the stats above it is York!!
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

And from a purist's point of view I'd much rather have our 1,500 hardcore in Wembley than 7,000 glory hunters who, to be frank, don't deserve to bask in the glory of our team's success. The 1,500 of us that watched us lose to Crawley that day in September, watched us draw against Droylsden and lose to Forest Green ****ing Rovers are the ones that should be allowed to enjoy the success that we get this season. I've invested far more emotion into our last 4 seasons than some armchair Man U twat, why should I have to share my (and 1,500 other true supporters') glory with them?! They can get to f*** as far as I'm concerned.

...Obviously KC might take a different view on this but I feel my point's still valid. ;)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I don't care how many we might take, we'd be taking our club. It's all about the football on the pitch not the bragging rights and willy waving off it.
AFC R & D member number 34
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Two of Diamonds wrote:I don't care how many we might take, we'd be taking our club. It's all about the football on the pitch not the bragging rights and willy waving off it.
Too damn right - I'd be as proud as punch !! I've not been to the new Wembley yet, I'd be overcome to go there with my beloved Diamonds no matter how many turned up. Its 11 v 11 on the green stuff and those lads know what it means to us, thats what matters. We know we'll take 7k tops, even if all our glory hunters come out to play, thats about what we took to Cardiff. This time? Probably 3500-4000 is a fair guess.

If Oxford, Luton, York whoever take thousands more the question is "where have they been until then?", glory hunters almost to a man !! I hope they do anyway - more money for us !!

Gotta get there first though :oops:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
srusrdfc

Post by srusrdfc »

I would never be embarrassed about how many we take to wembley, its the club there and if will have more loyal supporters there what the club means everything to than the other teams with there glory supporters going. The only thing that matters that day is the result, but play-offs are a long way away lets not get to far ahead of ourselfs.
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Cotty »

Perhaps Tommo could invite some of those polite boys and girls at K*ttering to come. It would be their only chance to see decent teams in a decent ground !!!