What the hell...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

What the hell...

Post by BartonRaz »

Was all that about?

20-minute-after-the-final-whistle rants are never a good idea but i feel one is necessary.

There were perhaps 2 players that deserved their money after that, the rest just pranced around like nonses for 90 minutes. The performances of Shane Huke and Jefferson Louis were totally embarrasing, and if i hadn't have looked at the team line-ups i would have had no idea that Mark Byrne was playing, he must have touched the ball a maximum of 5 times in 60+ minutes.

I hope this is all down to tiredness and not taking our foot off the gas, because this play-off charge is by no means complete and it is imperative that we go into those play-offs in good form.

The decision to start Louis was baffling to say the least, everyone in the ground could see we needed some pace up front against their two giant centre-backs. Instead we tried to match them? Very confusing. Aaron O'Connor played his heart out on Tuesday and did not deserved to be dropped at all.

After the recent displays i can forgive a bad performance, but i can't excuse simple lack of effort (Louis) or simple lack of ability (Huke). The injury to Corcoran is suddenly looking like a nightmare.

Hopefully JE sticks a rocket up their arses before Kiddy, and hopefully i will have calmed down by then. We were made to look very ordinary tonight by a side that simply wanted it more, and its not often i've said that about Diamonds this season.

One good thing we can take from tonight, is that no team can or have done the double over us this season.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Turveyman

Re: What the hell...

Post by Turveyman »

Louis started because O'Connor would have been knocked off the ball too easily by that bunch of thugs.
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Turveyman wrote:Louis started because O'Connor would have been knocked off the ball too easily by that bunch of thugs.
Or seriously outpaced them. Could have gone one of two ways, whereas starting Louis was going one way and one way only.

I am reliably informed that Wesley Thomas is a very good player, and extremely quick, i have to wonder why he isn't even being chanced.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Harry

Post by Harry »

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear.

The 5 friends I took are questioning how we are not in the relegation zone after that, let alone how we're in a play-off position.

Gutless. Did we have a shot on target other than the goal?

Huke was terrible. Utterly useless. No one else was terrible, but they were all pretty poor.

I just don't get us. An amazing performance in the week, followed by this. I can only think that we suffered from having played a few days earlier, while they were fresher.
SHouldn't really be an excuse though.
Diamond down South.
BringBackDuane

Post by BringBackDuane »

We were poor.

But I think expectations are too high at the moment, people are getting carried away. A point against 9th in the table isn't a disaster.

3 games, Wimbledon (a), K*ttering (a), Crawley (h). If you had offered any fan 7 points from 9, Im sure they would all happily take that + a win against the Scum!

The whole team looked jaded. What muppet moved it to a Friday? 3 games in 6 days. Nice One. Still, we have the quality to replace jaded players. Byrne, Farrell and O'Connor looked very tired.

As for Jefferson Louis, my opinions of him have completely changed. You can see why he has played and been let go by so many clubs. If something is too good to be true it probably is. Crawley (9th) letting us(4th) have a player who seems to be good. There must be a negative side to him. They let him, which either means Evans knows how poor he is, or that he rigged the game.

Shane Huke was awful. Really demonstrates the quality of Australian Football -if he can get into an A-League team, I'd hate to be 'Harry' or anyone else who will be served up that awful standard of Football when they move there.

Every team has their bad days, lets just hope we can put it right at Kidderminster. This isn't the time to take the foot off the gas!
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Bit harsh. I don't think Huke was terrible but he's simply just not a wide player. At AFC Wimbledon when he was in the middle, he was top class but I reckon he's just being played out of position. Saying that though, to be paid professionally to play football and cross the ball as poorly as he does is shocking.

Hardly an inspiring performance but it's a point gained against a solid side and we've still only lost once this year with 6/7 goals conceded. All good teams have their shitty games and I'm just glad our shitty game still got us a point.

Bit worrying though that Robinson, Farrell and moreso Tomlin were all stretching throughout/after the game. Cut up pitch causing problems?
Harry

Post by Harry »

BringBackDuane wrote: Shane Huke was awful. Really demonstrates the quality of Australian Football -if he can get into an A-League team, I'd hate to be 'Harry' or anyone else who will be served up that awful standard of Football when they move there.
:lol: I doubt I'll waste my time watching any of that drivel. ;)
Diamond down South.
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

BringBackDuane wrote:The whole team looked jaded. What muppet moved it to a Friday? 3 games in 6 days. Nice One. Still, we have the quality to replace jaded players. Byrne, Farrell and O'Connor looked very tired.
Justin Edinburgh is the muppet you speak of. It got moved so we had more time to recover for Kidderminster... :roll:
BringBackDuane

Post by BringBackDuane »

DiamondsFan wrote:
BringBackDuane wrote:The whole team looked jaded. What muppet moved it to a Friday? 3 games in 6 days. Nice One. Still, we have the quality to replace jaded players. Byrne, Farrell and O'Connor looked very tired.
Justin Edinburgh is the muppet you speak of. It got moved so we had more time to recover for Kidderminster... :roll:
I disagree with it. After two tough away matches, including a local derby, you need extra time off as its harder work, than home games. I think an extra day-off would have been better, as less recovery time would be needed for Kidderminster than today.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Harry wrote:Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear.

The 5 friends I took are questioning how we are not in the relegation zone after that, let alone how we're in a play-off position.

Gutless. Did we have a shot on target other than the goal?

Huke was terrible. Utterly useless. No one else was terrible, but they were all pretty poor.

I just don't get us. An amazing performance in the week, followed by this. I can only think that we suffered from having played a few days earlier, while they were fresher.
SHouldn't really be an excuse though.
It shouldn't be but you really can't expect the team to be brilliant every match, it happens to even the best of teams, one day you're outstanding then 4 days later average. I'm not disagreeing with the fact it was a well below par performacne, I just don't think we should react like this every time we don't win, we know what the team is capable of but they're still going to have off days every now and again, I fully expect them to be back on form for the Kiddy and Ebbsfleet games.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308