A total disgrace......

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

A total disgrace......

Post by Pigman »

...........no, not the players, but the section of the crowd that booed tonight - utterly disgraceful !! Coming on the back of 2 hard away games (and victories) it was evident from the KO that we were tired and jaded.

I'm really keen to get as many fans back to NP as I can, we desperately need the money. However, to undermine all the hard work that JEMS has put in over the past months is pathetic. Some people don't seem to understand, players are humanbeings, they get tired. Sure they are professional footballers, but they put so much in on Tuesday it was fully understandable that they would be tired. We haven't become a bad team, christ we're still in the middle of an exceptional run.

I see some people moaning on here about the decision to move the game to Friday too, not giving the players time to recover after Tuesday's game. If I remember correctly the game was moved before the scum game was re-arranged, hence upsetting JE's plans a little.

Sometimes I get really embarressed about our support. I understand JE is upset by the reaction tonight - well done to the booing element who have upset the best manager we've had at NP for years !!!! Out of contract at the end of the year and pissing him off - a bloody good evenings work people !!! Tonight was not about taking their foot off the pedal, it was about being plain old fashioned knackered !!

As you can see, I'm a tad pissed off !!

Heads up lads (the players and management that is) the majority of the support understand what happened tonight, onwards and upwards, you'll get proper support on Monday from people who truely appreciate the efforts you've put in over the whole season.

End of rant !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: A total disgrace......

Post by Pigman »

Oh, and my "mole" has mentioned that Faz and Tommo should be okay for Monday - good news if proved correct.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Did'nt agree with the booing either or the 10 or so fans who left early in the De Banke. We're on one of the best runs we've been on for a while and like Pigman said, on the back of two decent away wins. It was'nt a good game tonight, but Crawley are a stubborn side who are hard to break down and it was a fair result. Now if we lose to Ebbsfleet in a weeks time, then i expect a few moans and groans, but tonight we were playing a team who are still pushing for a play-off place and use unorthadox tactics with Evans at the helm!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

The booers were the ones who haven't been to NP for the last 4 years.

Like you say, on Monday they will be with fans who appreciate what we have achieved this season.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
MEMAN53

Post by MEMAN53 »

Well said Piggers.

Quite clearly the team were effected by recent previous away games. Having attended both I am aware of the great effort, knocks suffered and hard work the team and management have put in over the last 7 days.

The booing at the end was a disgrace and everybody on here ranting over the performance should write an apology on this site to the team and management accordingly.

7 points out of 9 over the last 7 days, I would have accepted that at the start of that 3 game spell.

Head up Justin and keep that team focused on the objective ahead, and do not let the dim wits tonight get you down.
OsanoIsKing

Post by OsanoIsKing »

Spot on Pigman!

I think the abuse Huke's getting is harsh aswell, first start for the lad after a long while playing in a different league & country against a different style of players. Add to the fact he's not naturally a right back.

Like someone said, I guess the booers aren't the regulars and are people that just came back because we're on a good run :roll:.

Roll on Monday.
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

like i said to my brother on the way out. we've no given right to win everyweek, we're still on a good unbeaten run and we're still heading towards the playoffs.
i clapped them off.
i'll boo them when they deserve it.
we having the best season for god knows how long. i'll be the first man down that ticket office, when next seasons season ticket prices are released.
well done jems, the team and the chairman
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Steve

Post by Steve »

100% agree with all thats been said before.

The booing was absolutely ridiculous, for a number of reasons and it also angered me.

I do just hope that JEMS know that the majority of the crowd appreciate all the hard work and effort being put in by players and management
BringBackDuane

Post by BringBackDuane »

Agree with it, I was near one person who booed, a very old looking fan who didnt show one piece of support the WHOLE match. Just stood there. Oh well, cheers for the 12 quid!
scot

Post by scot »

Couldn't believe it when i heard them.Clapped the team off from the northstand, what a great season this team is giving us.
AFC R&D Member 480