Match thread - Kiddie 1 (Knight 54) RDFC 1 (Porter 26) -F/T

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BringBackDuane

Re: Match thread - Kiddie 1 (Knight 54) RDFC 1 (Porter 26) -F/T

Post by BringBackDuane »

Sorry, I think I've been slightly misunderstood. Yes, all the players put in great effort today, no-one wasn't trying for the cause.

But if you compare that to K*ttering and other big games, there is a difference, and I can fully understand why there is. Players are tired and I think the management are saving them for the big games. I meant to put more emphasis on him resting players like Terry, Downer, Tomlin and Farrel rather than the players actual efforts on the pitch.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

BringBackDuane wrote:I think JEMS learnt a lot about some players today. It pains me to say Sam Smith looked a shadow of the player we saw last season. He was quite simply awful :( his pass % can't have been above 20%. In my opinion, that was his last game for us.

Nicky McNamara wasn't at it either. Not surprised he got subbed Mourinho-esque by JEMS, a really strong good decision in my opinion. P*** T**** was outstanding.

Across the back, Huke was solid today, as were the rest of back 4, Downer looked settled. Akurang and Smith never looked dangerous, and neither did Louis when he came on. O'Connor worked hard, but got nothing from it really. Wolleaston for me lacked match sharpess/fitness but looked dangerous and Porter just did his job.

Overall, really happy with a point, a good team performance, hopefully we can roll over Ebbsfleet, as I wouldn't like us to be under pressure in our last 3 games, they are all very tricky!
I agree about Sam Smith, but i'd like to think this is more down to match fitness than ability, because as we saw last season (when he was playing week in week out in a much poorer side) he is more than capable of finding the back of the net. I don't think it'l be his last game for us but it might be his last game this season.

I didn't think that Cliff looked remotely threatening at any stage, but he produced a few good flicks and passes. I can't really see where O'Connor's next goal is coming from either but his work rate is vital.

I thought Huke looked like a different player today.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

BartonRaz wrote:
I didn't think that Cliff looked remotely threatening at any stage, but he produced a few good flicks and passes. I can't really see where O'Connor's next goal is coming from either but his work rate is vital.
Yeah, he looks majorly short of confidence in front of goal, not surprising when his last goal was at Grays in February, but no doubt I'd rather have him working his arse off than Louis.
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

It was a great day today, we dug deep and got a well earned point, we could have easily lost this like the Rushden of old, as kiddy are no mugs, but the 90th minute penalty save for me sums up our season, we have been dealt some poor decisions/made the occasional poor judgement...but still have given our all and come out with something. The fans were something else today, that was a fantastic effort and just what i wanted the players to see and hear.
This has been a great season and i hope these lack of chances over the last few days aren't going to be our downfall, these lads deserve a break now but if you think about it, we're 7 games away from being in league two...One final push and 7 more days of support like that and we could all have had the best season in our history.....to go up with money was an achievement, but to do it on a small budget with no backing from anyone else is something else.

Great day out.

Well Done Boys

A Proud RDFC Fan!
BringBackDuane

Post by BringBackDuane »

RushdenTillIDie wrote:It was a great day today, we dug deep and got a well earned point, we could have easily lost this like the Rushden of old, as kiddy are no mugs, but the 90th minute penalty save for me sums up our season, we have been dealt some poor decisions/made the occasional poor judgement...but still have given our all and come out with something. The fans were something else today, that was a fantastic effort and just what i wanted the players to see and hear.
This has been a great season and i hope these lack of chances over the last few days aren't going to be our downfall, these lads deserve a break now but if you think about it, we're 7 games away from being in league two...One final push and 7 more days of support like that and we could all have had the best season in our history.....to go up with money was an achievement, but to do it on a small budget with no backing from anyone else is something else.

Great day out.

Well Done Boys

A Proud RDFC Fan!
Seconded, a top post :)
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

RushdenTillIDie wrote:It was a great day today, we dug deep and got a well earned point, we could have easily lost this like the Rushden of old, as kiddy are no mugs, but the 90th minute penalty save for me sums up our season, we have been dealt some poor decisions/made the occasional poor judgement...but still have given our all and come out with something. The fans were something else today, that was a fantastic effort and just what i wanted the players to see and hear.

Great day out.

Well Done Boys

A Proud RDFC Fan!
Absolutely right, promotion this season is a far bigger achievement than any of our previous promotions (as glorious as they were), we've had nowhere near the amount of resources that we had in those seasons and weren't really a contender at the start of the season, tbh I thought the people who predicted us making the playoffs at the start of the season were mad really, just couldn't see making this much progress but how wrong I was :D
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I'm not sure what I predicted but I don't think it was 4th/5th. :D One more push against Ebbsfleet and we'll be in dreamland!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46