wrexham......

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: wrexham......

Post by The Godfather »

godber wrote:Email from Matt

"It will be free if you have a ticket from our ticket office mate (which will be available for free!) - Just waiting for the tickets themselves and confirmation through the post from Wrexham before I put anything on the website. Cheers, Matt"
Great news! :D
Also, you can have 4 ticket per person.

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

Absolutely brilliant!

The only topper I can think of, and I only mention it on a bit of a "don't ask, don't get" mentality, is if the club could partially subsidise the coaches in order to get more people to the game, and hopefully to create an atmosphere like the one at Kiddy.
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

Jemfy wrote:Absolutely brilliant!

The only topper I can think of, and I only mention it on a bit of a "don't ask, don't get" mentality, is if the club could partially subsidise the coaches in order to get more people to the game, and hopefully to create an atmosphere like the one at Kiddy.
Talk about wanting jam on it :lol:

I doubt the football club are in a position to subsidise travel and the Travel Club certainly aren't, but maybe you could source a sponsor?
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

rushdenman wrote:
Jemfy wrote:Absolutely brilliant!

Talk about wanting jam on it :lol:

I doubt the football club are in a position to subsidise travel and the Travel Club certainly aren't, but maybe you could source a sponsor?
Indeed, £14 to watch the game AND cover your travel expenses all the way to North Wales and back is a fantastic deal.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

Confirmation: http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 44,00.html

Only getting 300 tickets.

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

I think there could be some issues with this.

Firstly, why are we only getting 300 tickets when the ground capacity is 10,500? I thought the rules were that we should get 15% of the capacity as a minimum.
There could be a big demand as this is our last League game of the season (traditionally well supported), plus there will be a larger than normal travelling support due to the free entry.

The second issue concerns the travel club - we could have a full coach but some people who have booked may not be able to get a ticket if the 300 go quickly.

Thirdly, if the tickets are not received by the ticket office until next week there is no opportunity for those people who live away from the Irthlingborough/Rushden area to collect them.

I think we should immediately press Wrexham for an increased allocation to head off some of these problems.

I can foresee problems on the day with people turning up without tickets and not being allowed in.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

There is also the risk that people will get tickets and then not go to the game, thus depriving others of a ticket to the game.

If the small allocation is all we get there might need to be a priority system to ensure that those who have followed the team on the road all season get a ticket. It would be a shame if one of the 125 Diamonds fans that went to the game at nearby Chester weren't able to get to this one (or indeed one of the few who travelled to Cumbria three times this season) - especially if we still need a point or three to confirm a place in the playoffs.

It may be that further tickets are available if we need them - as we haven't broken 300 for many away games this season.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

It does say an INITIAL allocation - I'm sure we'll get more if needed. Trouble is, it means a bloody special trip from Bedford for me if they're not there for tomorrow - timing is everything eh? :roll:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
supersub

Post by supersub »

I could help out if the tickets aren't there tomorrow Pigman, if they come in Monday/Tuesday and you trust the post. PM me if you're interested, it's no bother, I'm on the doorstep.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

I'm absolutely positive that the ticket office will sort something out for you Pigman....I'll go and collect them for you if needs be 8-)
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts