[ Tue 28th Sep ] v Royston Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Tue 28th Sep ] v Royston Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham speaks to Andy Peaks

Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Just watching highlights & confirms for me that it was Garwood at fault for both early goals. Perhaps time for him to go out on a dual to somewhere like Daventry to gain much needed experience of mens football? Unfortunately I can only see more of the same happening if he continues for us at the moment. Might help his confidence as well??
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Ricky330 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:56 am Just watching highlights & confirms for me that it was Garwood at fault for both early goals. Perhaps time for him to go out on a dual to somewhere like Daventry to gain much needed experience of mens football? Unfortunately I can only see more of the same happening if he continues for us at the moment. Might help his confidence as well??
Looking at this forum definitely won't!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Think you can safely say after watching that interview that Jay Williams is somewhat pissed off. He must be thinking what the hell have I come into!? Having played at three divisions above last season however, he hasn't been great himself but does have a bit of quality about him. He did say that he also wasn't good enough, but much more of this then you can't see him sticking around.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

i personaly i dont think will jones is the right target man,,,im not saying he isnt any good,,,just not physicaly ready for this league,,,,hes great to bring on later in a game,full of energy when everyone else is tired,,,,,whats happened to ben diamond? i feel a big part of our game was lost when sam brown went,a decent left back,but wow,do we miss those long throws !!!
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by real diamond »

For me it was losing Reynolds that has hurt us more than losing Sam but players move on.

A big overreaction here as normal to a loss and nothing on here when we win a game, We will finish mid table which i think most of us accept so for us to finish mid table we will win some and we will lose some - thats football!

The performance was a worry on Tuesday but I do think we will win more than we lose this year, we just didn't adjust to the conditions like Royston did and AP will hopefully have learnt more about the players as some clearly didn't fancy a cold wet Tuesday evening and that is the bit i find concerning.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

The simple fact was that we were beaten by a better team, that is football.
Why blame a young player, we are nowhere as good as Royston Town that is why we lost.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:47 pm Think you can safely say after watching that interview that Jay Williams is somewhat pissed off. He must be thinking what the hell have I come into!? Having played at three divisions above last season however, he hasn't been great himself but does have a bit of quality about him. He did say that he also wasn't good enough, but much more of this then you can't see him sticking around.
He was the same when we lost earlier in the season, after he was named man of the match.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:42 am He was the same when we lost earlier in the season, after he was named man of the match.
The lad needs to understand he is where he is as he clearly hasn’t been good enough for League football and hasn’t shown anything special in the last two matches that I’ve witnessed. Having been released from the Cobblers set up and signing on a short term contract with Harrogate Town last season he hasn’t progressed and needs to show clubs at a higher level that he has the ability and, more importantly, the right attitude to progress his footballing career.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Trek wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:19 am
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:42 am He was the same when we lost earlier in the season, after he was named man of the match.
The lad needs to understand he is where he is as he clearly hasn’t been good enough for League football and hasn’t shown anything special in the last two matches that I’ve witnessed. Having been released from the Cobblers set up and signing on a short term contract with Harrogate Town last season he hasn’t progressed and needs to show clubs at a higher level that he has the ability and, more importantly, the right attitude to progress his footballing career.
Totally agree, while he has shown glimpses of his quality at times since he signed, can anyone honestly say he looks like a player that just 9 months ago was playing in the football league? He's only young and hopefully has a bright career ahead of him, but it's no good bemoaning the players around him if he doesn't play much better himself, this is a great opportunity for him to show his abilities and help us to defend better, otherwise he'll find himself stuck at this level.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308