[ Tue 28th Sep ] v Royston Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: [ Tue 28th Sep ] v Royston Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by BartonRaz »

Olly wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:25 am
Trek wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:19 am
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:42 am He was the same when we lost earlier in the season, after he was named man of the match.
The lad needs to understand he is where he is as he clearly hasn’t been good enough for League football and hasn’t shown anything special in the last two matches that I’ve witnessed. Having been released from the Cobblers set up and signing on a short term contract with Harrogate Town last season he hasn’t progressed and needs to show clubs at a higher level that he has the ability and, more importantly, the right attitude to progress his footballing career.
Totally agree, while he has shown glimpses of his quality at times since he signed, can anyone honestly say he looks like a player that just 9 months ago was playing in the football league? He's only young and hopefully has a bright career ahead of him, but it's no good bemoaning the players around him if he doesn't play much better himself, this is a great opportunity for him to show his abilities and help us to defend better, otherwise he'll find himself stuck at this level.
It just looked to me like someone who really, really doesn't like losing, not someone that thinks they're better than this. He has been MoM twice in only a handful of appearances. Admittedly he hasn't been great in the last couple of games, but who has?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Re: [ Tue 28th Sep ] v Royston Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Brownie »

BartonRaz wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:06 pm
Olly wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:25 am
Trek wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:19 am

The lad needs to understand he is where he is as he clearly hasn’t been good enough for League football and hasn’t shown anything special in the last two matches that I’ve witnessed. Having been released from the Cobblers set up and signing on a short term contract with Harrogate Town last season he hasn’t progressed and needs to show clubs at a higher level that he has the ability and, more importantly, the right attitude to progress his footballing career.
Totally agree, while he has shown glimpses of his quality at times since he signed, can anyone honestly say he looks like a player that just 9 months ago was playing in the football league? He's only young and hopefully has a bright career ahead of him, but it's no good bemoaning the players around him if he doesn't play much better himself, this is a great opportunity for him to show his abilities and help us to defend better, otherwise he'll find himself stuck at this level.
It just looked to me like someone who really, really doesn't like losing, not someone that thinks they're better than this. He has been MoM twice in only a handful of appearances. Admittedly he hasn't been great in the last couple of games, but who has?
I like you BR read his interview differently to others, I liked it in respect he obviously wasn't happy with his/team performance, the defeat and other performances hurts and most of all regardless of the amount of lines of excuses the interviewer offered him, he declined them all and reverted back to "the performance was not good enough and improvements need to be made and quickly"