[ Tue 14th Dec ] v Tamworth FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Easton Diamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: [ Tue 14th Dec ] v Tamworth FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Easton Diamond »

Well in the first half it really was like watching a completely different team to the one on Saturday. This time we had a real grip in midfield early on, managed to get in their faces and dictated most of the play. We deservedly took the lead thanks to Liam’s blistering strike which was pretty much unstoppable. It’s a good job the net was there because had it not been then I think the ball would still be travelling now! He was unlucky not to get a second as well when he hit the post soon after. A special mention to AJ George too who looked a real danger.

Tamworth controlled pretty much the entire second half if truth be told and we struggled to offer any real attacking threat. It just seemed like a matter of time until they got the equaliser. Despite a few scares we defended manfully though and showed great resilience at the back to keep them out. The journey home was much more enjoyable than the last time we went there and lost 3-0!

Four victories from our last five away league games is impressive whichever way you look at it. We’re in a good habit of picking up results on the road so now we can be positive ahead of two big tests at Royston and Peterborough Sports.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

The pressman wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:35 pm It always amazes me that so called R&D fans come on here in numbers to moan when we lose but there are seemingly very few posts when we win.

We have now won 6 out of the last 8 league games, lie 7th in the table and maybe, just maybe, we have an outside chance of making the play-offs. We'd have surely taken that scenario at the beginning of the season.

I accept that we didn't play well against Stratford on Saturday - the manager knows that and has publicly said so - but it surely doesn't help the players - when they play at home - if there is no noise and absolutely no atmosphere. Saturday was more like a morgue than a football ground. It also most certainly doesn't help when a minority of fans start moaning and abusing the management team - something which not only upset Peaksy but must also have been heard by the players. That was very disappointing and totally unnecessary.

I wasn't there last night but those that were say it was one of the best performances of the season and Liam's goal was worth the admission fee alone.

To be fair, we have played well in most away games this season and one of the reasons must surely be the positive support and a more vocal atmosphere.

What needs to happen now is to transfer that positive away support to Hayden Road, up the noise levels and try to make Hayden Road more of a fortress because I personally think we have the a pretty good football team who could certainly surprise a few more teams as the season progresses.
To be fair, the moaning has driven a positive reaction from the squad, so it must have been fair comment. I couldn't go last evening so I keep my trap shut and say "well done" to the squad (that includes the management).
I am aiming to go this Saturday, so we'll see what happens then and I reserve the right to my opinion whomsoever thinks it's right or wrong :biggrin:

The lack of goals is IMHO entirely down to the formation we stick with at all costs and we're lacking depth in experienced players. Good progress has been made this season but I wonder if we talk ourselves down a bit too much as "poor Rushden, no pennies to spend, and every game is difficult".
AFC R & D member number 34
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Audio Highlight - Liam Dolman's goal.

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Does any video exist of Dolman goal. Tamworth media seems to have ignored this match.