[ Sat 18th Dec ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sat 18th Dec ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Well well well I bow to you Mr Peaks
Diamond88

Post by Diamond88 »

Absolutely immense today from everybody 🔥🔥🔥
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I've missed the last 4 games for one reason or another so haven't seen what I presume must have been excellent performances. Royston beat us so comprehensively earlier in the season.

This is some turnaround. Whilst I never said it publicly I did privately think that a change of management may have been the best course of action after the run of 4 home games back in October where we picked up 2 points. The turnaround since has been scarcely believable. Full credit to all involved.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Well this team has found its mojo.
Fight, passion, desire, skill and even better to see the management getting involved with the referee right from the start.
With a bit more composure in front of goal, we could have had a couple of great breakaways.
Great job team. Have a Merry Christmas everyone.
AFC R & D member number 34
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

Great team performance. Bodies on the line,played some great stuff & looked a big threat on the counter 2nd half when Royston through everything & everyone forward.

So pleased for players & management. Yet again as team we're punching! I was really annoyed last Saturday hearing people moan after a defeat considering the little run the lads had put together & calling the management all sorts!!! Really pleased the lads picked up 6 unbelievable points on the road against 2 big hitters and show the togetherness within the group 👏👏 Looking forward to 27th as the boys can go into the game against the big spender's full confidence.

Come on you diamonds 💎⚽👏
Ricky330
Has Liked: 302 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Quality from the all the boys all over the pitch today. Team seem to have found that confidence to play their game 1st & worry about what the opposition might do 2nd. Hats off to Mr Peaks for turning it around. Paddy , Nando, AJ , & Connor getting better with every game. Anyone know what's up with Jesse? Injured??
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I can’t add to anything that has already been said, that was a great performance, I felt we looked a little sluggish for the first few minutes, but the lads soon got into their stride end man for man were terrific! Right across the park the boys put in big performances and showed what they can do!

They stood up to loads of pressure in the second half, Royston are big, strong and direct, they piled crosses into the box, but Alex and Liam were magnificent in dealing with them. Others threw their bodies in with blocks and tackles - a really strong showing from all the defenders.

Connor put in hell of a shift down the right, the build up play for the first goal from AJ and the way he linked up with Connor was so so good, the ball through and the subsequent cross were sublime! Ty did what Ty does!

I really hope the season isn’t cut short by the dreaded Covid because this side is fully capable of making the play offs if they can keep playing like this, finely poised now, 6 points outside of the playoffs and on a roll - top of the form table (last 6 games) and looking good!

An appeal to those fans who only watch us at home and who are less supportive in their comments - please get behind the boys and pile positivity on them, they can hear the moaning and it affects these young lads, help them! The last two away games have shown how they can perform when free of that pressure, arguably the first 45 minutes on Tuesday was the best we’d played all season! They won’t get things right all the time - but they have shown what they’re capable of and if we all pull together then we can get Hayden Rd rocking!!

I’ll miss the Peterborough match unfortunately, hopefully I’ll be able to plug in to Radio Diamonds while I’m away!

Big test on the 27th though:
Attachments
57704DE8-B8FA-4034-BE59-51EE22C3B9AD.png
57704DE8-B8FA-4034-BE59-51EE22C3B9AD.png (414.31 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham speaks to Andy Peaks