[ Sat 1st Jan ] v St Ives Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 1st Jan ] v St Ives Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Full Match details & preview to follow.

Tickets are now on sale for this match - our next home game.

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: [ Sat 1st Jan ] v St Ives Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

Apart from covid situation this game must be in some doubt due to the continuous rain. If game does not go ahead we could be playing at Banbury after a four week break, not ideal preparation for such an important game.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

Surely if late positive tests were received, the 7 day isolation period would mean this game is automatically off??
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

rdusher wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:21 pm Surely if late positive tests were received, the 7 day isolation period would mean this game is automatically off??
I was assuming it maybe reached a level that took us over having not enough players for Monday match but some players would become available again before a Saturday bar the later ones, so we’d then be over/under whatever protocol the league uses. With the run we were on, I think we’d have been looking forward to the tie as a good challenge.

We’re prepping the HR pitch as normal. It’s wet but forecast better over next few days even if we can’t get kit on it before game - just line marking. Mark had levelled and drag matted when we had a chance last week. Maybe PSL will send someone from their management team to assess from 50m away over the fence for us, as they’re just passing.

To be fair I pity their ground staff as am sure they put lots of unseen effort in too, just to get criticised by management and local press. With pitches everyone’s an expert.

Sometimes it can just be luck or a pitch starts playable but degrades and then hard to recover this time of year.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Burger Boulevard in place ready for the match.

bb1.jpg
bb1.jpg (2.07 MiB) Viewed 1510 times
bb2.jpg
bb2.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 1510 times
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Brilliant 4-0 victory that in truth, could have been more. Was slightly concerned when I see that the starting line up had no collard, furlong or shamsi, but the team really stepped up to put in the best home display of the season. George, tshikuna, akubuine and bell-toxtle put in brilliant performances and as for the quadruple save from snedker. I don't think I've ever seen a goalkeeper make 4 saves from one passage of play! Peaksy must be over the moon with that display and rightly so. Having been under fire from a lot of fans on here (me included) he seems to have turned the corner. A couple of clever signings and the team is starting to gel like previous campaigns. Next up is Banbury and as tough as it will be, playing like we did today and we may well go there and get a result!
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Amazing run of form at the moment. Last game I got to was Redditch at home so not sure if to come back or not….
Might stay away to not risk being a bad luck charm!
Sounds like another good performance though, big test against Banbury in a couple of weeks who are flying!