[ Sat 15th Jan ] v Banbury Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 15th Jan ] v Banbury Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Match details

https://www.afcdiamonds.com/sport-event/79866/

Purchase tickets
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Sat 15th Jan ] v Banbury Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I propose this game is declared an INVASION fixture. I want to see the AFCRD fans come out in numbers.
AFC R & D member number 34
Ricky330
Has Liked: 301 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:22 am I propose this game is declared an INVASION fixture. I want to see the AFCRD fans come out in numbers.
Definitely up for this one👍👏
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I am sure every fan who is able to will get to this game. Unfortunately I am not one of them but will be listening intently and probably nervously on Radio Diamonds which has been a real boon in recent weeks. Although confident of a good performance and hopefully a good result let's keep our hopes firmly on the ground. Banbury aka Diamond Exiles are in exceptional form and running away with this league.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:01 pm I am sure every fan who is able to will get to this game. Unfortunately I am not one of them but will be listening intently and probably nervously on Radio Diamonds which has been a real boon in recent weeks. Although confident of a good performance and hopefully a good result let's keep our hopes firmly on the ground. Banbury aka Diamond Exiles are in exceptional form and running away with this league.
They are, but so are we, so we can travel with some confidence. We’ve nothing to lose, we’ve shown we’re fully capable of getting something from the game, but a lot depends on who is available for selection by both sides, I’m hoping Covid isn’t the winner.

I just hope the game is on - it would be good if we could get a friendly in on 8th to keep the muscles ticking over!

The Banbury match is a free hit, no-one will expect us to win that - get anything from it and it’s a bonus - the Alvechurch game if we have any aspirations of making the playoffs is the must win for me - we’ve at least got to take a point from that one.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Replying to Pigman, I am just concerned that we the fans are getting OVER confident.I am sure the players and management are keeping level headed. It is
certainly the highlight match of the season so far. I definitely agree the Alvechurch match is the more crucial we win, but I just hate to see us lose any match. If we don't arrange a game for this Saturday how about the whole squad going to Stourbridge.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:24 pm Replying to Pigman, I am just concerned that we the fans are getting OVER confident.I am sure the players and management are keeping level headed. It is
certainly the highlight match of the season so far. I definitely agree the Alvechurch match is the more crucial we win, but I just hate to see us lose any match. If we don't arrange a game for this Saturday how about the whole squad going to Stourbridge.
I’m not sure people are getting over confident Sussex, just excited and there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

To be anywhere near the playoffs is a major achievement and the management team and all the lads deserve a lot of praise for where we’ve got ourselves.

If we make the playoffs great - if we don’t and we get beaten by better teams on the way so be it, but there is a renewed confidence around the place and that should be fed and encouraged!

I still think with covid hanging around our squad may prove too small and fragile to make it - but who knows! The boys have been impressive recently and they’re getting better!

I can’t wait for the 15th - I hope we travel in large numbers to cheer the boys on, if we do there could be over 1000 gate which would be great to see!
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

One area where we must concentrste is the last 10 minutes as once again today they won game in last 10 mins. It cannot just be luck when it happens so often.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

:biggrin: :biggrin:
sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:41 pm One area where we must concentrste is the last 10 minutes as once again today they won game in last 10 mins. It cannot just be luck when it happens so often.
Good teams play to the 95th minute - no doubting Banbury are an excellent side and the title is theirs to throw away now - but it’d be fun to go and pee on their parade a little eh? :biggrin:
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Maybe with the number of times we have got late goals this game may as well just be played over 10 mins, and don't bother with the previous 80.😂