[ Sat 15th Jan ] v Banbury Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sat 15th Jan ] v Banbury Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham speaks with Andy Peaks

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Purchase tickets for the match
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Ricky330
Has Liked: 302 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Last time Banbury conceded 1st was 4th December when they lost to St Ives. They have also never been 2 behind this season (other than 4-0 defeat to lg2 Barrow in FA cup). Therefore, seeing as it something of a free hit (as the majority won't be expecting us to beat them) , I say go at them from the start. Play like we did against Ives & I think we can put them under a pressure they have not really had to deal with so far this season. Come on you Diamonds.
(Also looking forward to what could be a fascinating duel between Pads & Ben A)
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

As has been said this is a free hit. Banbury have played 9 games winning 8 drawing one against the 7 teams immediately below them. Thus anything we get from this game will be a bonus and a defeat will do us little harm overall..
They have made several changes since we last played them but the core of their strength is still Acquaye, Wreh, Brown, Williams and Morgan Roberts. Perhaps Brownie could give us an update on their changes. For their league Cup match against Rushall tonight they resting all but Morgan Roberts of the ex Diamonds quintet.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham chats with Andy Peaks ahead of the Banbury match tomorrow.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Every time Banbury have lost or drawn a game this season they bounced back with a win. That record needs to end tomorrow. This must be the most eagerly awaited match since K*ttering New Year's Day 2019. I see their manager is already getting his excuses ready, blaming injuries and Covid.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:03 am Every time Banbury have lost or drawn a game this season they bounced back with a win. That record needs to end tomorrow. This must be the most eagerly awaited match since K*ttering New Year's Day 2019. I see their manager is already getting his excuses ready, blaming injuries and Covid.
Oh dear Sussex you been on the wrong medication again 🤦‍♂️
5 missing last Saturday a regular injured after 20 minutes and played a 19 year old who signed that morning, got a result and moved on. 9 changed Tuesday and went down to a last minute winner to a full strength very good Rushall. Banbury are a very good side you only have to look at the post match comments from most sides they have played this season but they are definitely beatable and do loose games. But they are not Peterborough Sprouts and making excuses and calling games off.
Like last Saturday and many games before tomorrow is a match between 2 good in form sides but I’m not sure everyone is getting quite as excited as yourself, though I am looking forward to seeing Keith, Bully, Peaksy and quite a few others I’ve not seen for a while.
Please no one put a 🎣 up I’m just trying to dilute 💩 so it’s easier to flush away.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:13 am As has been said this is a free hit. Banbury have played 9 games winning 8 drawing one against the 7 teams immediately below them. Thus anything we get from this game will be a bonus and a defeat will do us little harm overall..
They have made several changes since we last played them but the core of their strength is still Acquaye, Wreh, Brown, Williams and Morgan Roberts. Perhaps Brownie could give us an update on their changes. For their league Cup match against Rushall tonight they resting all but Morgan Roberts of the ex Diamonds quintet.
What information can I possibly offer? I could again point out when we last met as many ex Banbury played for Diamonds as the other way round and in you ex Diamonds you included Jack Westbrook who played 200 in Oxfordshire before moving and then going back as well as Morgan!! There has to be a cut line between “playing for” and “a player from” and I’m not sure 8 games during a 1 month loan made Morgan a Diamond player.
I could tell you the current injury list but won’t in case it’s misinterpreted as an excuse. I am sure though that even with a few missing Banbury will put out a strong competitive side and will try as always to play quick attractive football, I guess tomorrow turning out to be the anticipated festival of football will depend greatly on how Diamonds approach the game, but as stated on here it’s a free hit so go out all guns blazing and attack from the 1st minute.
I would say though if you genuinely believe the core strength of your opponents tomorrow is those who have formally played for AFCR&D then you are greatly underestimating the rest of the squad something I’m 100% certain Peaksy wouldn’t have done.
Hopefully see a lot of you tomorrow.